#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

I was thinking earlier today, I dont get to watch VFL at all, so for those in the know, whats his best position.
Will he be a defender of forward for Essendon?

Pls don’t start that again …

did I hit a sore point, I haven’t read any of this thread to tell you the truth…

Defender looks his most natural and influential position for mine.

3 Likes

Not so much a sore one, … it’s fantastic that he could become equally accomplished at either end, … more a never ending circular one …:wink:

IMO, how he played today was the ideal template.

Intercept marking as his standout attribute, and the rest of his game kept very simple - basically just going for the conservative disposal option.

Maybe the Blues just made it too easy today - pretty sure they were playing an extra defender and that meant we had an extra number in our defence…

3 Likes

Nope.

Another solid 4 quarter performance. Very happy that he’s getting through games now. Still needs to build the endurance for AFL level, but definitely heading in the right direction.

FWIW I would still pick him at 6 if we were doing the 2015 draft again.

3 Likes

Yep. The only players you would possibly think of swapping that were taken after Francis were Daniel Rioli (#15) and Ryan Burton (#19). But I too would still pick Francis as I see him becoming the better player, his snippets of talent look special. Doesn’t look like a great draft up to this point.

You’d be nuts not to go Ryan Burton. Was in contention for the #1 pick until that horrendous leg break ended his draft year pre season.

1 Like

Charlie Curnow’s going alright too.

2 Likes

Let’s not do this.

4 Likes

I would still take Francis, I just think he is going to be much like Hurley in defence.

1 Like

Huh?

Sorry, meant he ran out the game again. 2 weeks in a row he hasn’t blown up.

Meh. Would still pick Francis easily.

Franga would be getting a game in that Farkcarlton side.

1 Like

I thought he looked leaner in the tv coverage. He made contests, took intercept grabs, looked disciplined to handball to the obvious first options, and frankly stood out in the backline as much as LAV did in the forward line and Langers did in the middle.

The shanked kicks (and there were at least two) would not be easily forgiven at Afl level though.

3 Likes

Interesting to hear Mark Harvey this week state that he asked the senior coach if he can play back. Thought he looked good on the weekend, made some errors but was pretty dominate across half back and ran the game out well.

2 Likes

If you compared him to Wines, you could almost argue that visually, Franga looks the more athletic, yet Wines is a gun mid! They’re just naturally big lads