#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

Just looks completely gassed most of the time to impact when the ball hits the ground and when it’s in the air he misjudges the flight far too often.

2 Likes

Wise words and i wholeheartedly agree, but good luck getting anybody in the football community to not anchor expectations to draft picks. Even the supposed professionals entrusted with list management struggle deeply with this - combination of the psychological effects of anchoring and commitment bias must make it hard to take early medicine on a busted early draft pick.

1 Like

I’m kidding myself… :grinning:

He’s basically a poor mans Anthony Rocca. Anthony had huge issues with his lack of stamina early days although not to the extent as Francis which is a little concerning.

Boy has a lot of work to do.

Hope He gets there, he might, eventually.

In the meantime it’s going to suck watching Curnow tear us apart.

Both have been able to hold down a role at senior level. Something Francis has not been able to do because he is always injured or not fit enough.

So far, although with time to turn it around Francis has been a massive disappointment for me

4 Likes

God?

1 Like

Francis seems to be turning out how you’d expect a risk pick like burton to be.

And i think its fair to be worried about his trajectory of improvement. Considering how mature his body looked in u18s.

1 Like

What was his injury today?

Seems to be debate about whether it was hamstring or ankle.

Most likely a leg amputation needed

2 Likes

Heard on sen before that he may be a little homesick, could be used as part of a trade for Lever.

wouldn’t be crying about that

3 Likes

I would hate to loose him, and still think he will be a great of the game. But if it is true that he is homesick it is understandable he had a horror draft year with his brother, and a bad run with injury since.

Another injury today does us no favours on the currency front, hopefully it’s just ankle and not soft tissue.

I reckon we should float him and see what’s on offer. Even if he becomes a player he is a key back/ third tall back and that’s as deep as we bat across the list. Adelaide were massively into him so it’s worth a chat in my view.

1 Like

Bad run with injury? Really? At a guess I would say he would have played above the average number of games for players drafted in 2015. He played:
14 in 2016
16 in 2017

If I had a dollar for every trade scenario that wondered aloud what another club’s interest in players outside our best 22 was…

Injury’s in pre-seasons have set him back a lot. If he gets a injury free preseason this year, and build a solid base, he will dominate next year.

dominate what?
He won’t be dominating the AFL. If he can become an ok contributor at AFL level, that is a massive step up. Hopefully he can do that.