#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

Put it this way I think he will dominate VFL, and by years end a very important player in the AFL.

Hopefully youā€™re right.

1 Like

l was very interested in Burton, during that draft. l was hoping he would slide through to us.

Anthony Rocca played nearly 250 games and kicked over 400 goals, if Franga gets anywhere near that it will be surprising.

5 Likes

would do in a heartbeat

I would prefer not to trade him away but could he be used to help jag a good mid? In that case itā€™s pretty farken tempting.

And letā€™s be honest we may be well covered in the area and he may not be what we need but who wouldnā€™t want Lever

Weā€™re less covered in that area if Francis goes.

Anyway, heā€™s contracted for 2 more years and he grew up an Essendon fan. Iā€™d be surprised if heā€™s going anywhere. Just hope he has an injury free offseason

1 Like

if worsfold wasnt so stubborn about not gifting young players games, francis, mutch et al would have had 4-5 games this year and probably shown quite a lot (more than howlett, hocking, colyer, myers thatā€™s for sure). as it is, francisā€™ skills are decaying with each passing week on windy buttfuck suburban grounds.

as they sayā€¦lel

3 Likes

Games for this great club should be earned never gifted.

7 Likes

Issue is strength and fitnessā€¦can both be fixed with the right approach

1 Like

To be honest, Iā€™m concerned. To me, he looks a mile off what a bloke picked in the top 5 should look like. I raised my concerns about him mid season and now his season is done, heā€™s really done nothing at all to ease them concerns and if you are being realistic, he has done nothing in 2 years at vfl level or senior. I canā€™t even remember people on here demanding his inclusion on the back of tearing the vfl apart. He does the odd flashy thing, mainly terrific marks, but his game as a whole needs major improvement.

I still hold hope for him and really really hope he carves out a fantastic career but yeah, Iā€™m a bit worried. Next year is a big year for him

8 Likes

Iā€™d say the club expected some difficulty with players like Langford, Redman, Laverde, Francis, Long ect this year.

These guys got senior experience last year that they wouldnā€™t have otherwise had, however with the team in finals contention itā€™s been almost the complete opposite this year. I hope theyā€™ve been talked through the situation as I get the sense looking at Langford and Francis that they arenā€™t particularly thrilled with their lack of opportunities this year, they should have a better attitude but as 19 year olds they should also have support.

Itā€™s not like theyā€™ve demanded selection, but to use the Francis v Curnow debate as an example, Carlton got Curnow in the team as soon as they could this year and left him in, he didnā€™t exactly bang the door down in the VFL. Some players develop better among better competition and for marking players, getting away from windy grounds like Port Melbourne can only help you prepare for ten games a year at Etihad.

2 Likes

I actually thought he looked ok. I think him getting injured went a long way to us losing.
He got injured and as a Kpf has not played much football in his first 2 years. Itā€™s not a big deal and no reason for a fire sale.

5 Likes

Curnow is in the top few fittest players at club already in terms of running capacity.

Francis lags at the back of most of our list.

Got nothing to do with lack of senior opportunity.

Curnow is still impacting games at AFL level in last quarters. Francis is cooked by the 2nd quarter.

7 Likes

Mental strength and emotional maturity is something that needs boosting if he is to make it. I hope he has the support systems he needs around him.

I think some questions need to be asked of how we are developing him too. For two years, heā€™s been back/forward a million times. Hard for a bloke to get some consistency when heā€™s constantly changing roles.

Pick his position, and leave him there. Two years in none of us are any the wiser if heā€™ll be a forward or back and thatā€™s pretty average imo

8 Likes

Injury appeared to be a hamstring. They were strapping it at three quarter time.

Oh FFS! If Francis wasnā€™t completely rooted at qtr time he might have had 4 or 5 games. Thereā€™s no other reason

4 Likes

Jeez some really harsh people on here. You persist with guys of his talent.

The fact is his value is down on the trade table, look at what GWS got for hoskin-elliot or oā€™rouke or pickett as an example. I would much rather bank on the clubs ability to turn him around than throw in the towel for a 2nd round pick.

He has a skill set very few players possess, if he gets it together then he brings a huge upside to the team. Absolute garbage to say we are stacked with players in the backline that can do what he can.

9 Likes