#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

I see him as another Goddard type player. Goddard didn’t look any good till his 4th season. I do expect to see A much fitter Francis next year though!

Fitness and athleticism was also one of Curnows biggest attributes pre draft.

His skills were questionable and I’d say that’s why he’s settled well as a forward this year, not a high level kick for a midfielder.

Right now I’d probably prefer we drafted Curnow, but relative to their pre draft rankings, Francis hasn’t gotten worse athletically and Curnow hasn’t gotten better.

1 Like

If the draft was tomorrow id still pick Franga over Curnow. Curnow is and will be a good player, Franga will be a star.

5 Likes

Curnow will be a star. He is Pavlich

2 Likes

I certainly ain’t seeing what you are.
Curnow looks a gun, Francis may not make it.

3 Likes

Throwing Hurley around worked wonders early on.

He will be fine if the sit him at CHB/HBF and leave him there. Another preseason of fitness and he should be ok.

If there are any doubts play hardball and offload him to Port for Wines.

It’s disappointing now. But I don’t think anyone then said we got pick 5 wrong. Right?

1 Like

Not everyone was on the Francis train

1 Like

Pick 5 was Parish though.

3 Likes

Yes he’s was…

I was on the Francis train.
I’m still on the Francis train. You’ll find me in the rubble if it crashes.

19 Likes

One of the more regarded posters on here when it comes to junior talent, was very, very against us taking Francis.

Except that in his first two years at AFL Franga has played 5 games in the firsts, Goddard played nearly 40 !

1 Like

Yeah, but no 1 picks always get played more

Yep usually because they are better players than no 6.

And there was that bloke who was pick 79, who played about 20 games in his first two years.

Franga needs to get on his bike.

He just turn 20 years old. He is still just a kid. We can’t forget that. If he works hard enough he will make it. Those 2 marks he took at the start of the third quarter were all class. Back him in.

4 Likes

I remember some of the football he was playing late last year in the Vfl, big grabs, big tackles, goals on the run from outside 50.
Started this season as favorite for the rising star, what exactly happened ?

zero fitness and conditioning.

He is cooked boys let’s unload while he might get a 2nd round pick for us. The potential factor goes away very quickly if he’s not on the track. Don’t want another Gumby on the payroll for 9 years.

I remember people wanting Hooker traded to West Coast for 2 2nd round picks, and looking back…

Bart Cummings was the king at giving his young horses plenty of time and being really patient until they fully develop and boy did he get rewarded for his patience.
This big brute of a lad just needs everyone to be patient, time is on his side, he just has so much raw ability which will develop just not as quickly as we all hope.

6 Likes