#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

That would be because he hardly uses instagram. Look at his posts, about 6 in 3 years or something. It filters through like facebook now cause facebook own it. Someone who isnt as active doesnt reach everyone on their feeds. Its just how it is these days.

1 Like

Surely mods must start temp banning people who post tweets by the Trade Whisperer or AFL Shouter???

1 Like

Now as in ā€œat this stageā€ or now as in ā€œnow that Iā€™ve learned moreā€?

Shouter isnā€™t too bad, Whisperer absolutely despises Essendon and is that far up his own a$$ itā€™s not funnyā€¦fair chance its Barrett.

5 Likes

Itā€™s been said many times before on the forum, but all of those accounts are obviously absolute bullshit and anything they get right is the equivalent of a broken clock being right twice a day etc.

Itā€™s frustrating to see people discuss them on here as if the rumours have any merit whatsoever.

1 Like

Itā€™s frustrating to see people discuss any rumours on here as if they have any merit whatsoever

1 Like

And thatā€™s the point. People come on here and say my cousins aunts mother in law is a good friend ofā€¦
No different to something on twitter.

Now Frances. Is he going or staying?

Really. So no rumour is worth speculating on?

WTF else do we do for the next 2 weeks???

1 Like

If youā€™d spent two years telling someone they need to try harder and their response was to pack up and go home Iā€™d be inclined to let them.

21 Likes

Francis

6 Likes

:100: yep

Do you know that?

Partly but mostly because weā€™ve invested a lot in Francis. It goes far beyond the pick 6 at the draft and the other support the club has provided but also the two years weā€™ve spent developing his body for AFL footy. Iā€™ve got no doubt heā€™s going to start blossoming as a player over the next two seasons. Heā€™s worth far more to us than anyone else given the investment in him for the future. Iā€™d say the Lions are in the same boat with Schache. Neither SA team are going to cough up what weā€™d deem suitable so with that in mind, Iā€™d say heā€™s staying, despite his managementā€™s public request which I donā€™t think went down too well at Tullamarine.

7 Likes

Kinda have a point

Do I know what?

That EFC have spent 2 years telling Francis he needs to try harder and as a result heā€™s said he wants to go home.

I canā€™t see the deal being good enough for us to let go of him at this stage given what the club has put into his development. They knew there was going to be some early pain with this bloke but he was very much a long term pick. Port seem most interested but only on their terms so fk them. I really think we should stay the course with Francis & reap the benefits in the coming years.

16 Likes

What if he continues his trajectory and this is the best chance to move him for anything close to what we invested in him.

The way I see it the judgement is quite sound for moving him now.

If we keep him and he doesnā€™t improve then we missed our best chance to recoup something
If we keep him and he comes good, great.
If we move him now, and he still doesnā€™t improve it will be a win
If we move him now and he comes good somewhere else then no one will begrudge us moving him to assist with landing SSS.

There is only one scenario there that turns out bad for us really. Risk assessment says move him now.

7 Likes

Are you talking about shares or a person?

3 Likes

I hope the club sticks by him and backs its coaching and development, and is able to reignite his love and dream of playing in the red and black. I would rather have him on the list for 2 years and see what happens than try and cut losses and get a packet of chips in return. Because face facts that is what will be offered.

I have a feeling if he goes to Adelaide it will be looked at in years to come as a monumental mistake.

Let him spend time at home, and pay one of the fitness guys a bonus to travel with him to ensure he keeps fit and more. It would be money well spent.

Finally our quality key position players are all older apart from JD, we cannot afford to lose one that has such talent.

2 Likes