#10 Nicholas (Nick) O'Brien

At the start of the year I assumed he be delisted. By the end of the year I assumed he’d get a contract. Go figure.

</3

thought he did enough to earn another shot, unlucky for him he’s not a half-tall defender I guess.

Bit stiff. There's some ruthless list pruning finally happening. Ironically I'd have kept NOB. Slow as, but with a bit of (overdue) development - strength and composure - thought he had a future. Not to be. I'm guessing we're losing him in part because we have a plethora of one-paced midfielders. Good look to him.

We don’t have too many one-paced midfielders in his age bracket though.

I thought he showed enough this year to be offered another year. Let’s hope he gets a crack at another club.

Felt like jury was still out on him. A little surprised.

Worsfold seems to be establishing something of a slash and burn policy.

Refresh/Rebuild semantics talk is a joke. Clearly they Dodoro just didn’t want to say it.*

*This is the clean out we’ve needed

He tried his guts out in the back half of the season and has some good ball winning traits so in that respect I feel for him but he simply has too many deficiencies to be part of a successful midfield at AFL level in todays era. Will be a valuable suburban or state level player.

The twitter post said "stand by for more news" or similar. So I'd say an announcement on Hams is imminent too.

Last week’s “Processed meat is bad for you” story was an omen that just can’t be ignored.

Bummer. A ball magnet, and a really good guy. I really feel for Nick.

Have to give credit where it’s due, the club’s making some difficult decisions right now, especially given what some of these guys have gone through. We needed to be tough and we’re being tough, but it’s never easy.

Very stiff. Played well in the back half and deserved another opportunity especially considering our young inside mids consist of… ummm… Heppel.

Just a bizarre decision really.

I thought he’d get another year. They obviously are concerned about his effectiveness on the spread and ball use, which isn’t something that can be easily remedied. They must have their eye on a delisted free agent or two to make these many changes. Andrew Moore is another big bodied midfielder who could be picked up.

Was workman like but lack of leg speed killed him off . It’s a shame but the side Has enough plodders and someone had to bite the dust .

AFL site says delisted!

Why the video?

Perhaps a little stiff but let’s be brutally honest, I doubt there’d be many clubs queuing up for his services.

I feel like this is a little bit of vindication for all those (such as myself) who have been calling for a much bigger cull for quite some time now. It’s just a shame it takes the club 4 years (and much more in Stein’s case) to actually assess the potential of a player and make a hard call. Had we made some of these decisions a little bit sooner, we might have been able to offer opportunities to other young players and already have put 1-2 years worth development into them. Now we have to go to the draft and start the process all over again. Better late than never I suppose.

I thought he'd get another year. They obviously are concerned about his effectiveness on the spread and ball use, which isn't something that can be easily remedied. They must have their eye on a delisted free agent or two to make these many changes. Andrew Moore is another big bodied midfielder who could be picked up.

This. I figure they’ve identified another they are confident on getting, be it a DFA, state leaguer or late pick.

has been delisted. video on efc website.

DEVO

So that'll be a two year deal for N'Ob then....
Agree.

Well you guys are in for a surprise.

Yep surprised, but as others have said, we must be going for pace, so in that context so be it…

Why the video?

Bugger all else for the media team to do this time of year. Probably trying out some new things.