#10 Nicholas (Nick) O'Brien

I thought he'd get another year. They obviously are concerned about his effectiveness on the spread and ball use, which isn't something that can be easily remedied. They must have their eye on a delisted free agent or two to make these many changes. Andrew Moore is another big bodied midfielder who could be picked up.
Yup.

Wonder if Woosh has his eye on anyone he’s had something to do with in the past - Eagle or Crow.

Why the video?

i found that odd too. “weve delisted nick o’brien, now look how good he is in his highlights”

Perhaps a little stiff but let's be brutally honest, I doubt there'd be many clubs queuing up for his services.

I feel like this is a little bit of vindication for all those (such as myself) who have been calling for a much bigger cull for quite some time now. It’s just a shame it takes the club 4 years (and much more in Stein’s case) to actually assess the potential of a player and make a hard call. Had we made some of these decisions a little bit sooner, we might have been able to offer opportunities to other young players and already have put 1-2 years worth development into them. Now we have to go to the draft and start the process all over again. Better late than never I suppose.

If not for the draft sanctions that prevented that happening for the past 3 years, you would have a right to feel vindicated.

There were many voices in the echo chamber not seeing the wood for the trees.

Sad to see him go but ultimately the right decision I think. Just too slow unfortunately and not quite good enough in other areas to make up for it.

Perhaps a little stiff but let's be brutally honest, I doubt there'd be many clubs queuing up for his services.

I feel like this is a little bit of vindication for all those (such as myself) who have been calling for a much bigger cull for quite some time now. It’s just a shame it takes the club 4 years (and much more in Stein’s case) to actually assess the potential of a player and make a hard call. Had we made some of these decisions a little bit sooner, we might have been able to offer opportunities to other young players and already have put 1-2 years worth development into them. Now we have to go to the draft and start the process all over again. Better late than never I suppose.

If not for the draft sanctions that prevented that happening for the past 3 years, you would have a right to feel vindicated.

There were many voices in the echo chamber not seeing the wood for the trees.

We could have still taken some late punts in the draft.

Well that’s disappointing.

The club went all-in on trying to get Jobe et al a good shot at it, that’s the decision they made, it’s seemingly what Jobe et al wanted.
We only took 2 kids in each of the past 2 drafts, so it’s not exactly a big call to say we should’ve taken 1 or 2 more in each, but a clear out wouldn’t have made too much sense given our other decisions.

Either way, I don’t know what it has to do with NOB. It wouldn’t have been fit, young guys that would’ve been looked at - rather the old or regularly injured guys.

Agree with all that G.

I had a little soft spot for him but the fact is if we keep players just because we have a soft spot, our list becomes clogged and we finish on the bottom of the ladder with a team full of good blokes.

Well that's disappointing.

fixed

No questions we’re going hard now. Reckon they’ve gotten the all clear from CAS(how many left on the list anyway?).

Good decisions. Expect next year to be a year we test the list out hard and blood some new talent and make finals but don’t do much. 2017 will be the year we go for it.

**** they did good with Woosha. Reckon if it was anyone else(especially with the way he has handled himself) I couldn’t look ahead. Miss Hird but this will do and hopefully he can smile and watch the club he loves get back on top without the scrutiny.

Maybe he just wasn’t funny enough.

With all of my years of talent spotting and recruitment knowledge, I’d be mightily surprised if he doesn’t get picked up by another club.

fmd

Feel for the guy, had a great attitude, relisted as a rookie?

Feel for the guy, had a great attitude, relisted as a rookie?

No.

Wow, thats pretty harsh

I thought he'd get another year. They obviously are concerned about his effectiveness on the spread and ball use, which isn't something that can be easily remedied. They must have their eye on a delisted free agent or two to make these many changes. Andrew Moore is another big bodied midfielder who could be picked up.
Yup.

Wonder if Woosh has his eye on anyone he’s had something to do with in the past - Eagle or Crow.

I liked what Matt Wright brought to the table a few years ago. On that form I would be interested. In the end I’m not sure they knew where he fitted at the Crows - a tagger or a small forward. Maybe Woosha knows.

NOB unlucky, and more so in the light of Hams probably being rookie listed.

Wow! Shows how much I know. I liked this kid.

NOB unlucky, and more so in the light of Hams probably being rookie listed.

Hams clearly has more upside IMO. Clearly.

Why the video?

Bugger all else for the media team to do this time of year. Probably trying out some new things.

and helping to meet their video media content quota to hit their KPIs.