#10 Nicholas (Nick) O'Brien

Players I've critised this year:

Melk
Steinberg
Carlisle
NOB

Players I’ve unrealistically talked up:

Pears

Finally, list Management decisions are being made based on my posting history.

A warning for you then

I thought he'd get another year. They obviously are concerned about his effectiveness on the spread and ball use, which isn't something that can be easily remedied. They must have their eye on a delisted free agent or two to make these many changes. Andrew Moore is another big bodied midfielder who could be picked up.

You don’t want to bring in DFA who is no better than O’Brien or you will go through the same situation next year.

Better to go through the draft.

Wow people really have spot for a player that didn't do much. He was ■■■■, another one of those good VFL rubbish afl players

Harsh and unnecessary.

Yeah, I agree. Just frustrated with everything that has happened recently to the club. Hope he gets another chance somewhere else.

NO’B seems like a top bloke and I think it’s clouded people’s judgement on his footy. His biggest issue aside from a lack of pace is that he doesn’t hurt the opposition. He’s not creative by hand and too often chooses safe backwards passes that slow our ball movement. In his last game for the club (the VFL PF) he was genuinely impressive and if nobody gives him a gig next year, I’d like to see him remain with our VFL side. Either way, good luck to him.

Is there a financially viable footy career for players just below AFL level? Are the best VFL or other state league players able to play & train full time or do they have to work other jobs to make a decent living?
Would like to know what a good VFL or WAFL player is paid.

NOB is stiff
Yes. He was definitely coming
Is there a financially viable footy career for players just below AFL level? Are the best VFL or other state league players able to play & train full time or do they have to work other jobs to make a decent living? Would like to know what a good VFL or WAFL player is paid.
Less than many suburban or country footballers…

They mostly work or study & work, they train 3 nights a week and they do a rehab session the day after a game. Then they are paid less than local footballers. Usually they have to train at least one night a week with their back up team as well. So those ordinary blokes who play good football at VFL level and support the young AFL players with their experience, do it hard and mainly because they love playing at the best level they can.

Hirdy leaves and clears the air,
Woosha comes in and clears the decks.

AApart from this shocking decision, has anyone checked on @fogdog

Last four VFL games were 36 or 37 disposals, around some ~25 average disposal AFL games.

Good thing Jobe Heath David Dyson etc never get injured.

Seriously, stats mean ■■■■ these days. Impact is what matters…did he have an impact with those possessions?

Enough, for mine anyway. He’s not a real coal face clearance mid but he gets a lot of it in tight, and he uses it pretty reasonably (he can kick to a lead, for one).

His issue is (and always will be) defensively, at his pace.

Wow people really have spot for a player that didn't do much. He was ■■■■, another one of those good VFL rubbish afl players

Harsh and unnecessary.

It’s weird because DT is always positive about every single player (srsly)

Until they go, in which case the guy was crap and the club made a great call.
I bet Patty Ambrose is glad he is contracted for next year, but based on this clean out , and the Ambrose performance in 2015 , he needs to show a lot of improvement in terms of impact on games rather than impact on opposition players. TBH, even though I am a fan of Ambrose, I would have kept NOB instead of Ambrose given the choice.

So pick 100 plus is a better option. Bizarre.

Suprised very suprised. I think i posted in another thread or this one last week that O brien came into work and my manager asked him if he had another contract yet but obrien said nope essendon havnt offered anything yet (which i added on im sure theyre working on the contract- how wrong was i!) But he was waiting for them too. Good luck to him

Super rough, he spewed his guts out at training, doing laps of the oval while the others went inside to cool down. All for nothing now.

On the AFL permission to train list with us along with Hams and Steinberg.

Super rough, he spewed his guts out at training, doing laps of the oval while the others went inside to cool down. All for nothing now.
So what, I chucked after 1 lap of the oval, doesn't mean I have the talent to play AFL footy.

Love how brutal worsfold is being. Finally, someone who will come in and clean out the plodders

Love how brutal worsfold is being. Finally, someone who will come in and clean out the plodders

Its the luxury opf objectivity a new coach has. No loyalty to anyone, no subjectivity, no favourites, ideal for pressing the rest button. At least for a couple of years until the coach and players develop a deeper mutual dependence.