#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

He did, fell on it awkwardly…didn’t effect him…went with both arms up at most contests Marking it

1 Like

Did you see his last quarter? He was mighty fine.

6 Likes

Really it’s dea’s spot Francis is after. DEA hasn’t put a foot wrong and he’d be stiff to be omitted but it may be time.

Ridley is the obvious replacement for Redman.

That said I like a settled backline so two changes in one week might be too much. Don’t envy the selectors on this one.

5 Likes

Easy. Ridley’s contracted until 2020, Francis only this year. Put Francis in so he doesn’t leave.

1 Like

Francis is fine. No shoulder problem. But Ridley put in a better performance on the weekend, so I’d expect him to reclaim the spot he lost to Redman through injury. Francis next cab off the rank.

2 Likes

Obviously the kid has to feel ready himself, but boy is he something to get excited about. Certainly has got something special about him. On another level talent wise. If he can match that talent with work rate, lookout.

1 Like

Yeh ridley in for redman, francis if and when dea goes out is more like for like.

Francis is contracted next year also.

3 Likes

That makes it harder. Still play him so that we up his trade value if he still wants to leave (though I’ll be gutted if he does).

He doesn’t want to leave. Settle petal.

7 Likes

Dea, the 26 year old cannot be dropped. Is in excellent form and offers so much to the fortunes of the team.

7 Likes

Agree that Dea on form does not deserve to be dropped.

1 Like

I feel like Francis had put in the better performances over the vfl season than Ridley. But whatever just bring him in. drop Hurley if you have it.

3 Likes

Francis in, Hooker forward, Smack out?

Of course, that leaves a big headache over who supports Belly in the ruck.

No.
Makes no sense defensively.
Or ruck wise.
Just gives Francis a game at the expense of team balance.

3 Likes

Against North the first question is who gets Ben Brown. Everything else follows after that…

7 Likes

Good questions.

What’s the answer.

That’s the second question.

For me, the first question is who goes to Higgins who is the key to getting the ball to Brown (and Ziebell) and must be a chance for a Brownlow.

For Higgins I would assign Fantasia or McGrath. Fantasia would hurt him hugely the other way and would be my preference.

Hooker must take Brown initially. The other player who I think would match up on Brown well would be Francis because of his height, leap and aerial strength. I would bring him in as Plan B. The main thing is to let Brown go up to the wings and leave Hooker to intercept mark the resultant kick or possession chain in D50 exactly like what happened against Geelong. If North decide to play Brown deep, then this is one game where you play a spare down back positioned 15m in front of Brown - he has to be quick and intercept mark well and that is Francis more than Dea and specifically not Hurley.

Why not Hurley? Because he is needed for Ziebell.

That leaves Mason Wood and it would be Redman as first crack, then Dea (if Redman doesn’t get up) and then Ridley.

2 Likes

Correct.

12 Likes

Easy. Put Brown on Brown. They will nullify each other.

That or they combine to Brown^2 and all we get is a giant Brown mess…

5 Likes