#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

One of the most satisfying thing about Franga’s game was how more mobile he is becoming. Was popping up everywhere. Is obviously getting fitter every day.

7 Likes

Still a backman for me

Massive future down there, reads the play so well.

We need to start settling the team structure wise.

We have some forwards to come in. Mozzie and Tippa would be fantastic up forward and create panic and both would feed off each other

2 Likes

Rewatched the first half.

He’s an inside mid. Seriously. His best work was in the pack feeding the ball out. So many of our goals came from his inside grunt work.

6 Likes

Being forced to play forward may show him just how much he needs to improve his tank to become a consistent factor throughout a game.

I still think he will be end up a rebounding CHB, essentially replacing Hurley; if he can improve his running he’d be able to add to his arsenal the ability to consistently break the lines with powerful bursts and also not be exposed by his opponent.

2 Likes

Wot.

Because he has one attribute, clean hands, he is now an inside mid? Never mind absolutely everything else that is required for that role, this one attribute will carry him over the line, despite him having more stronger and unique attributes suited to key position.

2 Likes

Best hands in traffic since Jobe.

The experts have always said that if he had the tank to play midfield he’d be virtually unstoppable.

3 Likes

So many of our 3 goals in the first half?

4 Likes

He may just get there…

I thought he was excellent. I can see a forward line of joe, stringer and smack with franga that lead up forward playing between the arcs

1 Like

I can see rebounding defenders licking their lips at the thought of that forward line

Last season he played a bit of inside mid in VFL. He would be rotated from the back half, thru the midfield. It was in the games prior to his call up. He would also go forward as required.

Yep. Way too tall and slow

No vacancy down back, vacancy up forward. Stop saying he has to go back. Some of you buffoons have zero idea about team balance.

4 Likes

So you really see this?
Or just the Jake Stringer/Pavlich 5 mins a quarter

Stalk him

where do we play him in a few weeks when Brown or Smack is available?

Personally I expect Francis will stay in again next week and maybe the following week and Brown/Smack will have to come back through the VFL.
After the bye it will be interesting to see what they do if there are no more injuries to talls in the next few weeks.

The vibe on here that came out of that game is he didn’t kick many goals and he’s not fit and lacks intensity. I’m pointing out that he was in the middle of packs and that his inside work was instrumental in us winning the game. It’s a skill set that nobody has acknowledged and a gap in our side that desperately needs to be filled. He’s not going to become Cripps or Oliver overnight, but it’s not outlandish to say it’s an option for him.

5 Likes

Doubt a decision’s been made. His formline is going the right way even if he’s not dominating.

1 Like

2 clearances in 16 career AFL games

Not impossible, but I think it’s fairly unlikely ?

1 Like

What if he kicks 10 goals in the next 2 weeks.

But out of Brown and McKernan, Brown is more important to our structure.