#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I loved the one handed mark he took on Sloane

13 Likes
13 Likes

Love your work @CharlieDons

6 Likes
9 Likes

Thatā€™s a much better angle of that play where Francis was pointing to where the handball needed to go.
What also is great is that Brown read Francisā€™ mind and knew the handball to him was the best play.
Francisā€™ kick to Guelfi just demonstrates how good his vision and delivery was.

8 Likes

Donā€™t underestimate the degree of difficulty on that kick especially after running a fair way. Very hard to kick the ball that way stationary let alone at full tilt

2 Likes

I thought he wasnā€™t going for Guelfi if Iā€™m honest

1 Like

The official term for that sort of Francis kick is apparently ā€œ put it through the window of a moving carā€

1 Like

Well you would be wrong. Look again, his vision is directed to what he kicks it.

and I hope we are always honest !

3 Likes

Did you have a problem with Franga laughing 2 mins before the bounce?

10 Likes

GAGF

3 Likes

Last week Nick Reiwoldt was talking about Francisā€™ kicking and made the point that he always tries to do a lot with his kicks. He said coming off the half back line this can be dangerous as sometimes you just need to take the safe option, but going inside 50 itā€™s a weapon as you can be more creative.

I think he got the balance right perfectly last Friday. Go for those ā€˜ball throw the window of the carā€™ kicks going inside 50 and just hit the car when coming out of the back line.

1 Like

guarantee that if we had lost that game, he would have

1 Like

Put off contract talks until he has a clear indication there is a long term future for him, as per the herald sun. Not surprised. Weā€™ve ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  his development now he wants out.

Yeah, no we havenā€™t.

2 Likes

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Load of crap
Isnā€™t going anywhere

4 Likes

Canā€™t see him leaving yet.
Why would he leave just to join the Crows hahahaha

reads a lot like what J Ralph thinks

Security the key as Bomber holds off

Jon Ralph, Herald Sun

Aaron Francis will continue to postpone contract talks with the Bombers until he is reassured there is a long-term for him as a key-position player.

Francis has entrenched himself in Essendonā€™s backline with Michael Hurley injured, playing the past five games as a tight-checking defender.

He has stifled some of his high-flying ways to keep rival forwards in check, conceding just four goals to the likes of Ben King, Nick Larkey, Tom McCartin and Jeremy Finlayson.

But despite three VFL games this year he has mainly played seniors, his 13 AFL games a career-high.

Essendon remains confident he sees his future at the club after last yearā€™s aborted trade deal.

He has worked hard to keep his mental health issues in check and seems genuinely happy at the club and in Victoria.

His delay in signing a contract despite Essendonā€™s wish to lock him away centres more around Essendonā€™s clutch of key backs.

The Dons ideally play Hurley, Patrick Ambrose and Cale Hooker as their three tall backs, with Joe Daniher, Shaun McKernan and mostly Mitch Brown as marking talls.

It means Francis might have to ply his trade as a swingman in the future without a defined role but enough talent to ensure he plays each week.

The Dons will sign Mason Redman, Dylan Clarke and Mitch Brown on new deals this year.

The Herald Sun revealed last week a trio of Victorian clubs in Carlton, the Bulldogs and North Melbourne were chasing small forward Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti.

Essendon great Tim Watson told Channel 7 he believed the star small forward was a $600,000-per-season forward after he set up Cale Hookerā€™s matchwinner against Gold Coast.

ā€œ(Pay him) whatever he wants. He is a matchwinner. That kick was as good as any kick executed by any player in the competition this year. He put that beautifully between three defenders after taking two bounces. Cale Hooker hadnā€™t even turned to mark before Tippa kicked it. There is always a price, you have to pay more when other clubs are trying to entice him to their club but I think heā€™s probably a $600,000 player.ā€