#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Haha, well there you go.

1 Like

They would never do that.
Would steer to many kids into soccer.

1 Like

Maybe if we make the primary school soccer kids kick an oval shaped ball then AFL will become the most popular sport in the world?

4 Likes

They probably won’t, but soccer is already getting more kids at the primary school level.

For kids who want to be more physical I think they would be attracted to Aussie rules.

My son wasn’t exposed to Aussie Rules at the school he went to, but liked physicality, and ironically the sanitised Auskick version of Aussie Rules he did get to play was much less interesting to him than playing under 9’s soccer which was a lot more competitive and physical.

I think a feral round ball aussie rules game which could be played competitively with less skill at a younger age might appeal to more kids, who want to mark or punch and force the ball down the ground with less rules than soccer.

It is actually a thing, that if you force kids to try to learn too complex skills at too earlier an age, it can hinder the development of the skill.

1 Like

Those aren’t “traditional” forms of the game though. What you have is the historical beginnings and a possible relation. I doubt anyone who had watched the game in the last century and considered themselves a “traditionalist” would buy that argument.

But as reboot said it would never happen anyway.

35 posts were merged into an existing topic: Aussie Rules Football History

There you go. Now you have a plan.

There is a real flaw in your logic here.

There’s maybe 3 gaelic kids picked each year. They are picked BECAUSE they can all kick the ball well, amongst other things.
They are not all good kicks, because all Gaelic players are good kicks.

Nobody said they were all good kicks i don’t think? We commented that the ones who came over are great kicks and they don’t seem to mind the different shaped ball. But yeah that’s why they’re here, we’re not stealing the average players. This Francis thread has really been derailed.

Isn’t this what SCarey is saying here?

But yep, happy to stop tarnishing the great man’s thread and get back to worshipping him.

1 Like

What’s this about him leaving the track early today?

He might have been. I thought we were just talking about the guys already in our system.

Anyway how good is Francis!

1 Like

He found out that he has to be Santa at the work Christmas Party. Was. Not. Amused.

5 Likes

So no ho, ho, ho.

3 Likes

Was out drinking beers with the boys last night so I’m under the impression he’s not injured… ANNOUNCE ACL

3 Likes

Not injured he’s fine

9 Likes

This thread needs more Francis!

He’s going to win 5 brownies and everyone here is talking alternative historical possibilities about a ■■■■■■■ round ball.

Giddy up Francis! ■■■■ the round ball!

3 Likes

is Franga playing Marngrook or something?

3 Likes

Derailing apology accepted. It’s an interesting discussion actually.

Francis could play with a square ball and still star.

Anyone else periodically watch the francis gamebreaker vid from the port game just to get their bandwagon engine purring.

2 Likes