#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Probably because that is where they are developing midfielders at a guess.

2 Likes

And yet with Hurley as a forward we were a better team than any time in 15 years

2 Likes

He could legit be a combination of Hooker, Hurley and vintage Goddard if/when he comes good. Stupid high ceiling.

That game against WA in the u18ā€™s was probably the second most dominate game Iā€™ve seen at juniors, second to Daniherā€™s game under the roof mind you; both of them would have had 7+ goals if not for inaccuracy.

If he does not play against GC, we should add Windy Hill to our ā€œBlitz Mob: Tour of Places That Need Some Burningā€, right after Umpires HQ and Princess Park.

3 Likes

Canā€™t shake the feeling Worsfold is just providing lip service to supporters (by talking him up and listing him regularly as an emergency). The excuse of finding the utility player a position on field that best fits his skill set is just not believable (thatā€™s why I get so frustrated with his rhetoric. He plays us as fools at times).

Citing Hurley and Goddard as reasons Francis is not playing is similarly confusing. When thinking of Goddardā€™s skill set, dominant intercept player doesnā€™t readily come to mind. There is a spot for Francis in defence. I just donā€™t think the coach ā€œtrustsā€ him enough to give him a game. If that were the case donā€™t list him as an emergency and give supporters false hope/expectation.

1 Like

They could easily bring him in by giving Hurley a more accountable role as the 2nd KPD allowing Francis to occupy the 3rd Tall Intercepting role.

Only worry would then be, whether a defensive line up of Hooker, Hurley, Francis and Goddard could be exposed for athleticism especially if they believe Francis would blow up late in quarters

For this week I donā€™t think it is implausible that Dea comes in for Ambrose and the give Goddard a rest allowing Francis to assume his QB role.

1 Like

They wont give goddard a rest. as much as I wish they would.

You would assume, barring injuries opening up a spot, at some point they will manufacture reason to give him a run. Weā€™ve seen Ridley, weā€™ve seen Redman, so Francis would be the next cab off the rank. And Iā€™d love to get a look this season.

4 Likes

Have you heard anything up there yet ?

5 Likes

With Stringer out and Lav & BBB injured that leaves Stewart or perhaps Goddard forward

Francis in

Or Green / Fantasia FF

Who cares if there is a specific role for him. We have already farked the season, letā€™s just get some development into him.

2 Likes

No brainer this week with Ambrose out. Heā€™s in.

If the selectors reason theyā€™ll need Hartley instead to match up on Brayden farking Crossley, Iā€™ll spew.

2 Likes

No chance Hartley comes in. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if itā€™s Dea for Ambrose though. I wonā€™t be getting my hopes up about Francis coming in.

1 Like

Soā€¦ do you count giving him any roleā€¦ even one that doesnā€™t suit him or is in his futureā€¦ ā€˜developmentā€™?
What exactly are you saying?

1 Like

Every chance he does IMO.

Peter Wright is 203cm, and Crossley is 198cm & 102kegss!

Unless they want to try and play Francis for his first game back on a monster playing an accountable kpd role which they wonā€™t. Dea whose only 186cm for Ambrose also is not going to happen.

If Francis plays itā€™s for Stringer

2 Likes

Heā€™s just throwing toys out of the cot. Quite common in this thread.

What if we ease him into a role.
Let him be Skeeta for a day?

6 Likes

How did it not happen? He played two partial games and then one full game and was sent straight in? What I said literally happened and that was with a huge layoff.

They dont think itā€™s his tank at all

1 Like