#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Pretty much means nothing.

1 Like

Love how people seem to think a 20yr old kid playing footy with his mates for a living on $200k/yr+ at the club he barracked for his whole life & who supported him 110% through his personal struggles is feeling hard done by for having to bide his time for senior games.

Heā€™d be well aware of how he fits in the future plans of the club and the team.

Sooooo bad how he is being treated. Surelyyyy just conjuring up ways to leave! Justttt canā€™t shake this feeling we going to trade him!

Spare me.

11 Likes

Heaps of players leave for more opportunity/ being close to home.

Brilliant.

LEMONS

TEQUILA

SALT

CuraƧao

wacko

1 Like

You did it wrong, thats a sucide shot.

Lemon in mouth not your eye.

1 Like

Yep means nothing to you but enjoying footy again means a lot to Aaron

18 Likes

Heā€™ll be in this week.

1 Like

There could be a riot if there isnā€™t some good news tonight.

All the excuses have been used up.

To you maybe, not to him.

This is a guy who was in a very bad place at the end of last year, start of this year and had some time away. Just being back and playing and enjoying what he is doing is massive.

I want him to play seniors too, but I do not want it if it is too soon for him and the pressure of it and the expectation it brings is such that he quits, then i would prefer he stay right where he is until he feels ready for it.

2 Likes

IMO people have been looking at form and mental health as two separate things when i see them as closely intertwined. I dont think Aarons form would be as good as it has been had he not been in a good headspace, and his form has been good for quite a while now.

I should clarify, it is great to hear that Aaron is going well and I dont mean to make it sound like I dont care. I do, but im not sure the fact that he is happy at this very moment, when I reckon hes probably been feeling pretty good for a good chunk of time, changes much in terms of his senior footy prospects. That was my original point.

Yes I know this is baseless speculation off knowing nothing and the club knows all and who am I to say otherwise yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah

1 Like

It would be a pretty small riot. Most members/fans just donā€™t care about this stuff.

1 Like

These guys will definitely be there.

2 Likes
  • Carlisle requests trade
  • Tough negotiations to get a high pick plus ongoing saga issues.
  • Watching any U18 highlights of Francis I could find.
  • Selecting Francis (Very Happy)
  • Loved his Vfl work but no tank for AFL (that goal at Port Melb)
  • Big preseason, lost weight, dropped Hooker.
  • Talk of him wanting to go home
  • Depression
  • Talk that he may walk away from the game
  • Time off
  • Returns to the club and in good physical shape
  • Puts in a very solid block of Vfl football
  • Woosha states that he is ready
  • Plays some more solid Vfl

Plenty missed in that timeline and I wouldnā€™t be the only one that has followed this thread religiously.
Iā€™m not Donnington invested but Iā€™m pretty damn invested in wanting Francis to succeed at the top level, hopefully that restarts this week because he ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  deserves it and so do we.

13 Likes

He is most certainly in wooshas plans for the future and Iā€™m sure the club are well aware Francis wants to stay.

Woosha keeps saying that he wants Aaron to develop to be the ultimate player they know he will be for our future. First off it was to build his tank up which he has done.
At the same time his body is still growing into his own - again they have to be careful he doesnt get too many injuries.
Now itā€™s basically a waiting game for our structure, but he is on the cusp of selection.

But most of all it was just about supporting him through this tough time and hoping he enjoys what hes done his whole life so far - which from close sources seems to be on par atm with him enjoying his footy.

7 Likes

Ok letā€™s get some momentum going

BRING

2 Likes