#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

So any contact to the head now will be graded as such? A high tackle for example?

1 Like

should have been inserted between ‘too difficult to organise 22 players to play’ and ‘too difficult to drive to tulla’… an oversight on my part

Whatevs Richo.

2 Likes

Now? It’s been like that for a number of years now.

ANY contact, … incidental or not, … Gawn.

too difficult to contest… weak

1 Like

I’ve see a few Dusty fends that dont

Careless conduct with low impact to the head…

Poor old Dusty would be broke if that was upheld.

1 Like

Except on about 10 occasions this year when the rulings have been tweaked to allow for incidental head contact. Prime example Burton electing to bump and knocking out Higgins.

12 Likes

The fact he had to do that release says more about esendon fans than anything else

5 Likes

It was needed given how weak we look by not fighting it. Also I think the content says more about the club. No willingness to fight. We might not win so we won’t even bother trying.

3 Likes

WE stand for nothing. WE roll over like dead cockroaches. We really are pathetic.

4 Likes

Does it say anything about the countless opposition fans who were not just surprised, but angry at the decision?

6 Likes

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved, as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Also, fark the AFL.

3 Likes

We may as well fold. We stand for nothing.

Embarrassed for the club.

3 Likes

If they contested it surely the video evidence gets sidelined and it all comes down to Jaeger saying if he was hit in the head or not. Hawthorn would do us in…

The overreaction in this thread is over the top. And not the Stallone type.
He elected to bump, the player was injured (concussed), Hawks shopped us in with the medical report.
That’s more than likely why the fine was issued. The whole year has been based around and injury based fine system, not the action.
“Oh, he was hurt, someone has to burn for this!” That’s it in a nutshell. If Omera jumped up quickly without consequence, more than likely nothing happens.

3 Likes

Irrespective of hysteria or not, there do seem to be different rules for different players/teams. Yes, it is supposed to be that the head is ‘sacrosanct’ but it seems to depend on whose head and who makes the contact. We do seem to be on the receiving end of any fines, etc. a lot more than some.

So the AFL just profited $2k from an idiotic decision?

The only way to repair the balance is to take it back off the AFL and give it to Francis:

• Deprive the AFL of your money for a while…switch off their media…don’t go to a non-Essendon match.
  • If you see Francis around, offer to pay for his coffee or lunch.

I know it’s tiny ($2k). That just means it should be very easy to achieve.

2 Likes

Where are you getting the concussion report from? No mention in AFL website.

Also as stated above you can knock someone out by bumping and get off - reference Burton on Higgins. So why did this one attract a fine?

1 Like

Our consideration to challenge was significant but based on all information available to us, we determined the charge would be difficult to overturn at tribunal,” Richardson said.

_ “The decision to accept the fine was agreed on by all parties, in consultation with Aaron.” _

Aaron Francis accepted his $2000 fine for rough conduct after his bump on Jaeger O’Meara was graded as careless conduct with low impact to the head.

So the membership is not privy to this ‘information’.

WHY NOT???

1 Like

The information is that we asked the AFL “why?” and they replied “because fark you, that’s why”.

Sadly I’m only partially joking.

13 Likes