#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

No we asked the AFL what they want us to do. Our Chairman who thinks Gil is the greatest individual to ever grace the earth has made us a ‘puppet’ of the AFL.

Concussion was mentioned earlier in the thread. My bad. No report of it anywhere.
Still, the histeria over a fine is laughable.

1 Like

It’s not the fine, it’s the fact it was a perfect bump. If there was head contact I’ll go farking hey!

3 Likes

Christ , it getting harder and harder to enjoy handing over ones hard earned to such a soft ■■■■ club

2 Likes

Anyone expect anything less? We roll over at every opportunity.

Gobsmacked they didnt appeal. I shouldn’t be.

1 Like

So many quality posters. Usual suspects.

4 Likes

Don’t be a peanis all your life.

The AFL directive is clear. You can bump, but only so hard. Which is BS.

Disagree with the decision, but can also understand not contesting it. Maybe it costs more in time, money and resources than the fine is worth. Maybe they don’t want to subject a player to a hearing when he could be doing anything better with his time.

1 Like

Could have thought we were North FC with how scungy we are with money. We have 80k members and won’t even fight it. AFL think they can get away with that then they’ll keep doing it.

4 Likes

just to clarify, would you of contested the charge or not?

So you have provided evidence that your view is different to a lot of other posters who you now are trying to whack for holding the club to account.

nope, wouldn’t have been worth the bother

no you are not, just bashing them with the usual tripe, you are not holding them to account in the slightest bit. Feel free to email them and tear up your membership, blah blah blah

1 Like

Some of you are jumping to a very negative view based on nothing but video and blaming the club for 1/ being tight 2/ letting down Francis 3/ letting down supporters 4/ being submissive to the afl.

I too have no idea how the conversation went at EFC today but imagine this:
Club: we think you have a shot and we are happy to challenge. Video mostly looks ok except for this one view
Player: I thought I’d got him flush. I felt his jaw and was so glad he was ok. Thought I’d just got in and I’d be missing games.
Club: happy to challenge. How do you feel about fronting the tribunal tmrw night?
Player: as I say, reckon it was pure luck I didn’t nail him and I couldn’t think of anything worse than being involved in a tribunal case.
Club: no problem, let’s pay it and move on. Also, nice attack at the footy and player, good man. Get out on the track and look forward to Friday night.

Unless you were in the chat, and heard the advice and knew the wishes of club and player, I just don’t get how people can use this as yet another way to bash the club.

4 Likes

So you’re happy for the club to just accept what the majority of football followers believe is a joke. No wonder we have gone nowhere for 15 years.

Remember where you are…

1 Like

drink

2 Likes

Whilst I don’t disagree with your point. The issue I have is that general consensus of football supporters is that the fine is a joke and very inconsistent with prior rulings this season. Therefore I would like to have seen something from the club seeking clarification on why the fine was issued. Just accepting it becuase we might not have won our argument is not a good look for me.

Also I would love to know the coach’s viewpoint given this morning he was of the view it was something we should challenge.

1 Like

He never said that, he said based on what he had seen he thought they would consider it. He also said he hadn’t seen all the footage.

Right I get it you are happy. Enjoy the middle of the road.

Until the club demands excellence in all facets both onfield and off field I don’t believe we can achieve excellence. Whilst a small matter the non challenge just demonstrates we don’t yet have the ruthlessness to succeed. We all laughed at Richmond for years but ultimately the passion of their supporters demanded the club get things right and while it took time they are now delivering in spades.