#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Man you are delusional

oh and DRINK

You call it delusional. I call it realistic.

I am extremely optimistic by nature but 15 years of going nowhere is wearing very thin.

3 Likes

Peni$ is lenient. Vulv@ is nearer the Mark

2 Likes

It’s funny that I was going to finish my last post with ‘heading over to the Worsfold thread to see if he’s been blamed for this’. And you worked in a crack at him as well.

It’s not a shot at you Redbull but there are plenty of ways of looking at things. It doesn’t matter what the football world thought. It doesn’t matter what Tim and Gary said this morning or what I thought this afternoon. It matters what the club and player thought based on the evidence and advice regarding success. You, me, Tim and Gary and everyone else watched it a couple of times and developed an opinion. The club and player have spent considerably longer and received knowledable advice. I trust they’ve got it right and it’s a decent fine but not weeks.

It’s delusional because you are basing it on nothing. No facts, no evidence, no idea what has gone on behind the scenes, no clue about the player, the evidence they have and whole range of factors. It based on your own perceived bias that “this club is farked”.

From your post, my takeaway is the majority have the same view that the club should have challenged the decision.

3 Likes

Yes, it is not that they said that, it is how they said it.

Yes I agree that most people extrapolate the efc decision not to challenge it a tad too far.

1 Like

No facts

Ok
Fact 1 - Burton knocks out Higgins with a bump - play on nothing to see.
Fact 2 - basic law of physics is that for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction, yet somehow O’Meara’s head goes the same way
Fact 3 - club doesn’t clarify exactly what fact it was they decided not to challenge on
Fact 4 - we haven’t won a flag for 18 years and will equal our longest ever Premiership drought next season

I could go on but you will just claim I need to drink.

2 Likes

Did you have a point you wanted to make, or just compile a list of people who don’t share your opinion?

Want to have a guess at what my post means?

7 Likes

Yo can explain it to me - I didn’t get what you meant.

I meant why bother even issuing a statement that says absolutely nothing?

Statement for the sake of it.

5 Likes

You claim we are not ruthless, did you watch last year at the end?

Told Stanton, Hocking and Howlett to leave basically (and Watson but he got it).

Bulldogs wanted a large high pick or two, gave our pick away so quickly for Smith it made everyone’s heads spin. Held the Bulldogs over the barrel and stated to them, “you don’t want him and neither does anyone else, take it or leave it”. They blinked.

Or how about Carlisle? Stayed the course and made StKilda buckle and give up what we wanted.

How about mid-season telling a coach to go away? Pfft, pathetic club shouldn’t have had to right?

You can bleat on about minuscule things that mean nothing, I will look at the things that mean something.

Statement was probably worst than not making one. I was all for a statement but to say nothing was pointless but predictable.

2 Likes

3 Likes

See just like physics I can show you opposite arguments.

How many times have delisted a player and put them back on the rookie list? This is classic conservatism. We have probably done it over 10 times - most likely to be more than the rest of the competition put together. Success stories from this method? I mark it as one with Smack.

Also how did we do with the Ryder trade? Or Hibberd when we held out.

We cleaned out one assistant coach! Yay. At least 3 others should be gone down seasons end if we are serious.

1 Like

How have I had a crack at Worsfold? I want to know what his thoughts now are and if they are different how have they changed from this morning.

Weak replies though.

How do you know how much other clubs have done that? By your statement you have no idea just an assumption based on bias against the club. Provide the evidence to back up you claim and will agree with you, until then it is hot air with no meaning.

We were held over the barrel on Ryder, we took the best of the worst position any club has been in for a while on that. Not the clubs fault but that’s how you see it right? Not Ryder’s of course, or his mangers, or Ports, or the AFL’s, just a weak pathetic Essendon.

We offered Hibberd the opportunity to walk away because of what he had been through, we said we would not do anything to get in his way and we would not hold up the trade. That wasn’t weak or pathetic, it was the right thing to do.

You can’t clean out ALL the coaches in the middle of the year, so we picked the one we felt was an issue. And guess what? It proved to be the right choice. What happens at the end of the year is another issue and has nothing to do with the current argument of this club being weak.

Two questions:

Do you think not appealing the Francis fine was “strong”?

Do you think Richardson’s statement added anything?

1 Like

It was neither strong nor weak, it is a nothing issue.

Firstly people bleated for something to be said, then bleated when something was said. You get what you asked for, a nothing statement about a nothing issue. Oh and if you go back and look at comments from other clubs you will find the same basic statement, even Hawthorn.

1 Like