#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

tbh I was just lured into the thread with wing talk.

google notification for the site?

nah logged in today and had some notifications, and they were all wing related.

I’m interested to know at any stage if Mrs Wimm walked past @wimmera1 googling a picture of a young black kid in a bath eating wings and what she may have thought?

2 Likes

Need to pump 50 games into him ASAP, playing along side Hurley and Hooker is the best thing for him now.

When he gets comfortable at this level and starts to feel like he belongs, we have an AA match-winning defender with no ceiling.

Yep. I don’t want to hear about different team matchups…Hurley, Hooker and Francis as 3rd tall is the best setup moving forward. Might be some teething problems until Franga finds his feet and clamps down on his man better like Dea. But seriously look at this backline:

Franga - Hurley - Dea/McNeice/McGrath
Saad - Hooker - McKenna

You are forgetting Gleeson

B: Saad Hooker Francis
HB: Gleeson Hurley McKenna

7th - Redman

9 Likes

Wouldn’t have him in the lockdown small defender role but could potentially slot into a Goddard 7th defender role if he doesn’t go on next year.

1 Like

I’d push mckenna onto the wing and have gleeson take his spot in defence.

It seems conor is getting the game more and shouldn’t be too far off that step up.

3 Likes

Oirish on the wing would be a beautiful thing, once Gleeks comes back.

2 Likes

Francis reads the play well and will always be an instinctive defender taking front position.
If our defensive structure is sound he will thrive with Hurley and Hooker.

1 Like

I think once he played a few more games with Hurley and Hooker he will fly for a lot more marks. There have been a few occasions that he has decided to stay down when he’s seen one of them in the same pack.

1 Like

EFA.

A while away from that happening IMO

Ridley has not played any midfield time and more suited to being cover for Gleeson / Francis.

If Redman was out they’d likely move Guelfi off wing into that role.

Ridley does look a talent though

1 Like

I really like Redman but at his height and size he could more develop into a mobile Gleeson type HBF and hopefully better. I also like Ridley and he could be the one keeping Francis out in a year or so. Francis has great upside but at the moment (very early days) puts a fair bit of pressure on other backs by not getting to contests. They’ll need to decide how important it is to win the next couple of games. Best 22 for mine is Dea in for Francis but it’s not best for 2019/20.

Redman I think will be a mid changing hb, hopefully with Conor.
But whatever happens, Redman’s best role is as a mid.
Ridley was recruited as someone who they saw developing as a mid, but once again who knows. Could play mid, could play back.

That makes good sense. It’s actually a good position to be in and a lot has happened in a season. I reckon it’s a reminder to be patient. All of Red/Rid and Francis have shown some very positive signs.

It would be fantastic if one of Rid or Redman become a mid. I’m a bit undecided on Laverde but he can play and a very small sample size of 15 minutes in the middle a couple of weeks ago in the twos was highly impressive and surprised me a bit. Good thing is we have plenty to work with.

1 Like

I like Redman as a Dea-type defender, he just does most things right defensively and has the versatility to play most small/medium roles in the backline. He kicks well, runs well and adds some much needed aggression.

Ridley, I think, will spend most of the next 12-18 months in the reserves honing his craft, whilst he builds his physique and running power. I honestly don’t know what position he’ll end up playing; at the very least it’ll be a Gleeson-type Med/3rdTall def but he could become a Midfielder in time. Next year I hope to see him split his time between playing as the ‘loose’ defender and up on the wing as the playmaker (the Francis role).

All I remember from the Francis draft is…

Fark ameet Bain’s
Get pick 5 off saints

Draft Parish.
Think I was keen on a tall forward with pick 6. Weideman.
Wanted us to bid on Hopper as well.

Second round picks wanted bonner and Mathieson.
And I wanted Tippa as a rookie, amongst the rest of Blitz.

Must say Francis and Redman were inspired choices.

I wanted Francis and Curnow originally, then after his incident I wanted Francis and Oliver/Parish. I wasn’t that keen on Parish though tbh.

What happened with BT?