#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

When I first bought mine (for like $800 in 1999), it had oversized way-too-wide unroadworthy 12 slotters on it.

It looked cool as fark, but considering the car already weighed 15 metric tonnes and had no power steering… Parking wasn’t really an option most times.

4 Likes

Why is Aaron not wearing a club tie…?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dl5a5JSUUAciNSS.jpg:large

1 Like

The old Port Magpies colours, eh?
I’m not saying panic, but I’m not saying not.

What about that exactly is rubbish?

HES SO GONE. PANIC STATIONS EVERYONE!

3 Likes

Are the expectations clearly defined, and is it explained what is hoped to be gained by comparing performance to them?

at least he didn’t run a polo, carlol style.

Well for one, it isn’t particularly illustrative to rank young players against the whole competition because they will be behind a lot of established players, but compare their performance against historical player ratings at the same age and you

1. Get a good look at where they rank amongst young players in the competition
  2. Get a good insight into how they sit historically for players at that age

He side stepped around them.

He’s got that look on his face that says “you clowns…I’m going to be standing on all your heads in the years to come…and you’re going to stand back and applaud me”, and then in true Bomber Thompson style “all of you, all of you”.

1 Like

Won Round 23 MOTY nomination. No real surprise , that one.

2 Likes

Still managed to get a vote in the rising star despite playing 5 games, that is funny

15 Likes
10 Likes

Somebody give Chris Johnson a job at the club

11 Likes

The comments in the Twitter thread are pretty funny. :blush:

1 Like

Is that the ex-Essendon Mark Alvey who branded it disgraceful in the comments?

His son is in our NGA

Hmmmm

3 Likes

And think of all the relationships he’d have formed with the AIS kids over the years

Lets froth at the mouth about 1 frickin vote. Did it effect the outcome ?

If you look at the scant the criteria for the award, it is someone regarded as a “standout young player”, and because Johnson is smart enough to know he has seen quite possibly the most outstanding young player in the competition, albeit only in a handful of matches, he is more than entitled to vote for him.

Given what Aaron has overcome makes him even more outstanding.

Well done to Chris Johnson for at least giving him a nod, as you say, it was never going to change who won, so good on him for at least some token recognition.

12 Likes