#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Did Francis go to handball over his head and hit himself in the face today in the VFL match?

5 Likes

Can confirm the head was hit. Repeat, the head was hit.

6 Likes

And for once it wasn’t by Johnstone!

2 Likes

Interesting Rawlings making a point of “put work into Francis” or something similar at the 3/4 huddle.

2 Likes

That’s just the typical SA accent though innit?

Was the red button triggered?

Yes, and the reaction of his teammates, woo hooing, like the player given the role was some kind of hero.
Says something, when Franga who has played a total of 9 AFL games is being tagged, albeit at a lower level.

As a matter of interest, were teams “putting work into” Jake Lever when he was at the Crows?

1 Like

Melbourne was certainly putting work into lever

2 Likes

FWIW, I suspect Francis fading from the game had more to with his leg niggle (well, I hope it didn’t progress beyond that) than any hard tag on him.

1 Like

Yep, i agree, he spent more time on the bench during the 3rd and last qtr.

29 Likes

I am glad Franga got some more recognition for a super mark.

BUT. WTF. $1500 ! that is a seriously insulting prize. AFL Nation needs to get some sponsors with more cash to splash. I hope they didn’t make Aaron pay for breakfast when he was there to receive it.

1 Like

Let’s just be happy for the recognition.

4 Likes

Who gets upset at a free $1500? I have no idea who AFL Nation are, let alone why they should be expected to fork out significant amounts of money to reward people who play football in a competition they don’t run.

11 Likes

He can use it to pay the fine he got for the bump on Omeara

13 Likes

Yep. I’d take a free $1500 any day of the week.

5 Likes

Is Franga still eligible for the Rising Star next year?

Don’t think so due to being 21

And is it : 10 games or less, or less than 10 games?

10 or less, but if you’re 21 at the start of the year it’s all null and void.