#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

McGovern type intercept backmen win flags

ours can play mid too

Hooker and him can just guard space

1 Like

WHEN IS THE SEASON GONNA START FFS!!!

7 Likes

So, whatā€™s this thread then? And whatā€™s that then?

3 Likes

Not entirely sure, but it maybe in 12 weeks, 4 days and 5 hours time :airplane::+1:from now :thinking:

5 Likes

I really donā€™t see much difference between the two photos

3 Likes

Lock him in for 22 games onball is the word. Starts alongside Heppell and Shiel.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no difference

found the red green colour blinds.

13 Likes

I really canā€™t see that at all. He is obviously training with mids which is great but he has very little midfield game experience and this time last year he couldnā€™t run out of site on a dark night. I understand he has aspirations but I canā€™t see him playing significant midfield role for us next year.

1 Like

Fools, itā€™s clear that shaving the beard has lowered his weight by at least 5kgs. Jeez, lucky you guys arenā€™t in Essendonā€™s fitness department or theyā€™d all be running around trailing their opponents with 2017 Hurley beards.

1 Like

He wouldnā€™t need to play many minutes in the midfield to have a significant impact, 5 min/quarter, a sudden burst, would be enough to swing momentum.

3 Likes

Reckon youve just described Jobe Watson pre transformation. Same Boxing coach, similar body change, keen as mustard I say why not? Played as a mid at under 18s incidentally. Dustin Martin provides grunt and goes forward, this guy moves the other way to play the McGovern role after the centre bounce.

Imagine a starting mid of Francis, Shiel and Merrett.

That is some power inside/out everywhere.

Gizzzz

Red Green was delisted, right?

2 Likes

In the second photo he clearly has his hands on the footy. And is doing something with it.
Last yearā€™s photo, heā€™s just longingly looking at a footy in the distance.

One is concrete, one is aspirational.
I know which Francis I prefer.

3 Likes

Until we learn Karma Bomber got the photos mixed up.

I certainly see a leaner frame this year compared to last year.
If Francis is training with the mids could it be a means of providing him with a more intensive cardio/training program, not necessarily meaning he will play a midfield role.
I really donā€™t see him as a midfielder at all. Heā€™s still learning his craft as a defender to now thrust him into the midfield doesnā€™t make sense to me.
Anyone know if the mids have a different training/ running program to defenders, forwards etc?

1 Like

He certainly wasnā€™t demonstrating midfield-level fitness in the run-throughs at training last Wednesday. Was consistently a significant last.

1 Like

Clearly, the photo on the left is him jogging, the photo on the right is him Marngrooking.

3 Likes

A bargain at pick 6? Itā€™s a pretty damn early draft pick to say ā€˜bargainā€™

Weitering, Schache, Oliver, Mills and Darce are all pretty damn handy players.

And Iā€™d love Hopper in our side as well picked @ 7.

Reckon himmelberg, Hipwood and maybe right at the end Menengola were bargains.

Would love Hipwood and Himmelberg at Essendon.

1 Like