#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

In the one highly exposed example. Ridley was his direct opponent for the first half of the 2nd qtr, then Francis was moved on to him.

Even though Petracca did have a fair chunk of his jumper in that one on one, & did have the ball coming in on his protected side, Francis did lose his footing way to easy.

No doubt will be bought up in the match review, I think he must have been acting for a soft free, & as a backman you have to assume you are never going to get a soft free.

One thing Franga needs to improve on is bouncing back up to his feet after he loses a contest and manning the mark properly.

I notice he can be a bit slow to react and a bit casual at times. It would likely have no impact on the oppositionā€™s next disposal BUT itā€™s whatā€™s required and sets a standard of intent.

4 Likes

Teams are beginning to take notice and change their play because of Francis.

I think that moment with Petracca just told us that Petracca is an 8 ft wide ball of muscle. Francis, as a strong man himself, probably has a relaxed confidence about making physical contact and hadnā€™t fully integrated this visual stimuli into his threat engagement matrix. I think heā€™ll approach it differently next time.

5 Likes

Risky, but that would give us Saad for Elliot, Hurls for Mihocek. Wrong thread, though.

1 Like

Hurley to DeGoey. Heā€™s number one priority.

1 Like

Brisbane are playing 2 rucks. McInerney is spending a lot of time forward. Heā€™s 205cm and about 107kg.
I originally wanted Hooker coming back through the VFL, but with McKernan out I then wanted him forward. But having watched Brisbane last night< I think Hooker needs to play in defence. McInerney is an ideal match up for him.

Brown to come back in for McKernan

1 Like

A ruckman and a bit of a beanpole?

Reckon more mobile matchups than Hooker on both of them.

Best way to account for De Goey is to have a supporter get into a fight with him midweek to get him suspended or break his hand again. There are a number of posters here that could be nominated.

In seriousness, very difficult match up. Too quick for Hurley and Francis, and too strong for the smalls. I reckon Ambrose would be best suited, but again too fast on the lead. Need to pressure the midfield, to stop clean delivery in.

2 Likes

I also thought Ambrose was the right match up even though he may lack a yard of pace

1 Like

W@nkword bingo entrant

2 Likes

Conor did well on dusty last year.

1 Like

God no. De goey is a great mark overhead and very agile. He would kick 7 on Ambrose

Francis first crackā€¦ De Goey will have to spend time defending as well

C7 reporting he has a quad injury.

Excellent

Just when we look likely. Bang. More key position players injured

Bring in zerk for Francis, and hooker still goes forward

1 Like

Zerk ankle sore. Sore ankle.

1 Like

Anyone that watched the game properly would know Francis was having trouble with his hip/thigh.

2 Likes

My favourite game

1 Like