#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

If Francis get get a game anywhere on the field in this current side he really needs to have a chat to his manager

3 Likes

In starting to not like Richardson.

You said he’s not competing with Ambrose.
I assumed you meant Hurley.

Remember last week how we so happy to have a stay-at-home clunking full-forward (who wasn’t TIPPA)?

WE WERE WRONG.

2 Likes

You know what they say about assuming…

Well don’t be coy.

1 Like

I’m a bit worried about making the assumption that I assume would be the correct conclusion to this.

1 Like

Just on that, do you think we didn’t need more height against a taller Brisbane forward line? I think Hooker is needed back for his height and strength. If that wasn’t the case, then i’d say play Hooker forward and Franga back. He wasn’t going to push out Hurls. I don’t think he should be playing forward.

Or would you leave out Ambrose? Or Ridley? Apologies if you’ve already answered this.

Flaming Stupid.

Who knows whether we need more height?

I saw Zlarke get outmarked by a guy half his size last week.

I alos witnessed both Belly and Zlarke get beaten by Gawn and in Bellys case get beaten each week he’s played.

It’s easy for some to sit back and justify the clubs choices even though the results aren’t or shouldn’t be reflecting any such confidence in them.

The talented young players are the future of this club and I don’t think its an unfair expectation that they play considering it was the "experienced’ players that let us down at the start of last year and it was the experienced players that let us down again so far this year.

Didn’t he get thrown forward in round 1??

Another bull s h i t excuse

3 Likes

You didn’t answer my question though. I just gave my opinion on what i thought looked right. I wanted yours. How would you re-shuffle to fit him in? Hooker forward and a smaller defence?

Yep. They put him forward because nobody down there could take a mark. He kicked a goal too.

Smartest move a person could do imo

Get paid more in the media for none of the responsibility and you receive no scrutiny whatsoever. And it leaves more time for affairs of the heart, perhaps too much time.

1 Like

Play him forward instead of Brown.

1 Like

Fair enough. I don’t like him forward.

They always work out because 5 minutes later after what he said the coach of that team does exactly what he suggests and guess what…it changes the game’s direction for the positive.

They obviously want to play 2 ruckman as they have no faith in Bellchambers, so they play Zlarke forward instead of Hooker (or Franga)

So, Hooker comes straight back into the defence and as they prefer Ambrose’s lockdown, it forces Francis out.

With Zlarke playing FF, Francis doesn’t have the tank to play CHF, so Brown comes in.

Of course if Draper came in for Bellchambers then Zlarke might not be so necessary.

I don’t either but if I had my way Zlarke or Myers would not be playing and then we could accommodate more medium sized players like Francis.

For mine we are too tall.

The mistake that this club has continually done in the last ten years is overrate our chances and play experienced players over young players expecting that;s going to improve results.

It doesn’t.

People keep saying that Francis is out for team balance but barring injury that means he is out for good because we just don’t drop older players.

I’m just waiting for Ridley to be dropped after one poor game because that’s exactly how we do things at our club.

2 Likes

Essendon philosophy in a nutshell 2004 - 2019

3 Likes