#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Did some good things up forward vs gws

1 Like

All i know is Id be surprised if Francis wants to hang around at a club where players like Zac Clarke and Patrick Ambrose are getting a game before him. same as Darcy Parish.

The mentality of some of our coaches is so dog ā– ā– ā– ā– .

3 Likes

Am I right in saying there is no VFL this week? So Francis has a week off to prepare for busy Anzac week perhaps.

Delete.

Hardly busy.

6 day break to North Melb
6 day break to Collingwood

That is ridiculous positioning from the club.

Youā€™ve literally just told Aaron that heā€™s viewed solely as a defender and is fourth choice for that role anyway. Or even seventh or 8th if you extend it to the entire backline and bench.

This is (arguably) the best raw talent on the list.

Iā€™m gobsmacked. Do they want him to walk?

Itā€™s not like weā€™re reigning premiers with too many top notch players! This isnā€™t Patty Ambrose, who has one strength and one position. This is a kid that can play multiple positions and read the ball all over the ground.

If a fit Aaron Francis isnā€™t worthy of some role in the 22 of a side that is trying to build towards elite - as opposed to already being there - then weā€™re morons. Oh, he hasnā€™t trained as a forward!!? FFS, his versatility and competitiveness is a large part of why Dodoro and Keane rated him

Losing faith quickly in this footy department.

27 Likes

Exactly right. And people donā€™t think that a guy like him (talent) who is out of contract at the end of the year wonā€™t want to leave after being told he is 4th in line behind Ambrose and not good enough as a forward to replace Zack Clarke or Mitch Brown.

Deeeeeeelusional

Ignorance is Blitz.

1 Like

Itā€™s even worse when you consider they keep giving games to a Clarke, Brown etc, who have shown for a decade they are barely AFL players.

1 Like

Mitch Brown is a fine player, itā€™s not about deriding him or others.

But we must be a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  good footy side if Francis isnt in our best 22. And he sure as hell hasnā€™t been our worst player in rounds 1-3.

Itā€™s a bizarre selection choice, and I donā€™t think Richardsonā€™s comments help explain it. Both SA clubs will be circling, though.

1 Like

Does that add up?
Francis for Myers, would add 2cm to our height (if that mattered).

Stop defending Myers Deckham its becoming ridiculous.

Next thing you will be endorsing his ā€œMost improvedā€ award last year.

1 Like

but if you think about it, he did improve soā€¦

We went through this last season. There was a collective questioning and frustration about what the club was doing with Francis. Begging them to pick him. How we would lose the kid. etc. I include myself in that chorus. They did pick him and he settled in well.

I/We donā€™t know whatā€™s going on with Francis and why he was dropped. But from what was said in the threads yesterday it was suggested itā€™s not straightforward.

The thing is the club know Francis a lot better than any of us do. Theyā€™ve had to deal with him and help him through his personal issues, and it seems they have done that very well. It would be fair to say they have his best interests at heart. So whatever is going on, and if itā€™s a complicated matter, then I reckon the club have some credits in the bank to say they know how to deal with it.

5 Likes

Does anyone really care about this. I couldnā€™t name a single other winer. Completely meaningless.

You know when one of the most measured, more respected posters reacts badly to the changes that they are probably sh*t changes

That, or sal is just a GLOOMER now

5 Likes

But I havenā€™t said anything.

1 Like

Defend him?
Heā€™s not a criminal, mate.
Heā€™s just a player you tirelessly bag out.

Whoā€™s getting tired?

2 Likes