#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

They were worried that if they dropped Ridley, Blitz would curse them.

1 Like

:smile: look, I honestly donā€™t mind Myers. Iā€™d rather we look elsewhere at the moment for our midfield too, but I think he cops wayyyy more than he should given he can produce at a good level as a contested midfielder in a position we lack options.

And they thought weā€™d let them get away with dropping our beloved Franga?

Theyā€™re into a bit of s&m

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s really, really poor selection

The fact we cant find a spot for Aaron Francis, is legitimately unbelievable

12 Likes

And selected Myers!!!
MYERS!!!
WTF???

1 Like

Yeh unsure. They May view Ridley as a slightly different kind of player and match up. Hipwood runs a lot so i reckon Ambrose stayed in due to this fact as well. For me i am not crazy upset he is not in defense this week. I personally think if i looked up as opposition coach and saw Clarke up forward and not Francis i would be relieved. I like Aaron cause he can play both endsā€¦ more my argument why he should play

8 Likes

Myers is a big call but i do get that he was never actually omittedā€¦ was just not well and pulled out last minute. So technically he has his spot back. If Myers who pkayed in last 11 rounds 2018 shows upā€¦ all good with it. If not then maybe we look at younger blood

1 Like

The fact Clarke is playing at all is more laughable. Why would you not play Draper. Heā€™s already a far better player than him

7 Likes

This farkin club needs to be SUCKED!!!
I mean scaked

4 Likes

We are obviously playing with a taped together forwardline, atleast playing both Hooker and Francis would have given the coaching box some options on gameday. Not that Woosh is a fan of gameday change ups.

1 Like

If a KPF goes down and you have another who just kicked 5 goals in the reserves, you donā€™t move a defender forward. I want Francis playing, but it would be pretty devastating to team moral if form wasnā€™t rewarded.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. Very well articulated.

If Ambrose never played a game for Essendon, no one is going to lose sleep over it. He is one dimensional. He offers nothing in the air in terms of intercept mark or attacking run or accurate kick out of defence.

He doesnā€™t have a leap and given his height, he is usless against taller opponents. He reminds me of slightly taller Slattery.

I wonā€™t fault his endeavour and seems like a good club man. But I was shocked to see how many games Francis has played. We really need to get games into him. He is our future and he is already better than Ambrose.

Ambrose is only somewhat suitable to play on McStay against the Lions. Even then Francis could have been better match up to exploit him going forward and leaving his opponent and taking intercept marks.

Francis, Parish, Draper, Zerk-Thatcher, Langford, Ridley, Laverde etc are very talented kids and have been in the system for long enough now to be getting games so that they are building that confidence.

BZT, Francis, Hurley, Ridley, Saad and McKenna should have been our defence from R1. Draper should have got a go for Melbourne game ahead of Clarke. Parish should have started in the guts ahead of Myers. Laverde should have started ahead of Baguley.

Woosh is too focussed on the short term. He thinks experienced players will get him the wins. Sheeds need to give him the 1993 lessons.

2 Likes

The whole concept of Francis as a KPF is one that seems like it SHOULD workā€¦

ā€¦but there isnā€™t ACTUALLY much evidence of it working. Heā€™s been thrown forward on multiple occasions, without being especially productive.

2 Likes

Francis was moved forward because he had a disappointing game in defence.

The Slattery comparison is very unfair.

Ambrose can at least shut down an opponent.

Slattery is the poster boy for this club in the last 15 years.

Hard to believe he almost played 100 games.

1 Like

I find it distasteful that so many feel that arguing for one players inclusion requires actively denigrating another Essendon player, and even sledging past players.

Iā€™m not saying that Francis should be in rather than Ambrose. Imo, he shouldnā€™t. Not this week.

My problem around all of this is the public message weā€™ve sent, and if he didnā€™t spend any of summer training as anything but a tall defender, why the hell not!?

Anyway, Iā€™ve had my say and Iā€™ll drop it. And I wonā€™t bother defending Hslatts because Iā€™ll just propel the discussion further. But how about we not make this about trashing other players, please?

14 Likes

What, no defence of Henneman?

Ambrose should not be playing ahead of Francis (all things being equal).

1 Like

I reckon thereā€™ll be a late change and Francis will come in.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what happens when you get Ambrosed.

Agree with Sal on the handling of the conversation. Hopefully it was better behind closed doors.