#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

the selectors seem huge on flexibility until they’re not.

darcy dropped cos he can only play 1 roll.

2 Likes

Anyone see his game against port last year?

Thats why he should be playing

2 Likes

This is the answer isn’t it?

Eg, Ridley to a wing and/or Redman as our 6th-7th midfielder - both find space well and are good ball users. Ridley’s marking would be an asset on the wing and Redman’s hardness would be useful around the ball (more upside than Guelfi).

McKenna to the midfield hitting forwards with bullet-like i50 passes is also an option.

3 Likes

Hooker might not be able to take the field today, so there’s a good chance Francis will replace him in the selected side.

And if he was playing at that level now, he would be.

2 Likes

wut? :neutral_face:

We effectively have Gleeson, Ridley, Francis and Redman fighting for two roles in our backline.

All four are talented and all four should be playing seniors.

Ridley and Redman I think can play further up the ground in the short term so they should be trialled throughout this year.

Francis in time can play other roles but for his development I think he should stay back for now.

1 Like

You could say that about quite a few guys. Thats not really just a francis thing

It’s a whisper.

1 Like

FFS

Anymore than 1 or 2 games at the max and i’d be commencing contract negotiations with another club. If the 2 SA clubs aren’t already whispering sweet nothing’s about him being effed over then they are doing themselves a disservice. He’s a star and apparently Essendon are playing Russian roulette with every game they choose to play him in the magoos.

3 Likes

What’s the benefit of playing Bags, Myers and Clarke over Francis?
100% should be in the AFL team.

2 Likes

learnings?

Perhaps the coaches think he needs a rocket.

1 Like

Geez could take a bit for the young fella to come back in, riddles and redman have been brilliant. Ambrose hooker hurls and saad are locks, love him in the side but how we squeeze him in?

1 Like

Takes Myers place.

Not sure he has the tank yet

Watching VFL game.

15 minutes in. Looks disinterested.

Making mistakes, head down.

He won’t be in anytime soon.

2 Likes

He’s a frustrating watch Francis. Clearly talented but whether it is fitness or mental application, he often zones out and gets disengaged from the task at hand. And you always get the feeling he’s one contest away from another niggle.

1 Like

Average game in VFL with some nice things and some things that showed he was down on confidence and interest early.

Worked into the game.

Not enough for promotion that is for sure.

2 Likes