#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I agree with everything you’ve said. Great breakdown. (except i think Hurls is a better mark and kick than Franga, but that’s just opinion)

I was just saying that whether Myers or Langford are getting games or not is irrelevant to Francis. He’s a great defender and should only be played in that part of the ground. He could be one of the better defenders in the whole AFL one day but playing him out of position isn’t going to help with that.

Francis is one good game away from cementing his spot. He just needs to get his touch and fitness back. I actually think Hurley and Ridley are the people he’s competing with most.

1 Like

Trade bait for sure. Would not be upset to see him move on for the right trade at the end of the year. Hype has surpassed his ability.

2 Likes

no way. this kid is a rare talent. he just needs the fitness and consistency.

lol this place is %^%ed

2 Likes

I usually agree with you but I wholeheartedly disagree with both of those.

4 Likes

I knew a fair few people would. That’s why i put the opinion disclaimer in. They’re very line ball for me.

1 Like

Franga’s overhead marking is a fair bit ahead of Hurls…imo. Body on body probably not so much.

Kicking wise it’s a bit closer. Frang can slice the field apart. But man, when he doesn’t hit it right. It’s not pretty.

1 Like

I think it’s just because he’s a little out of touch at the moment and that’s fresh in my mind. Some of the plays he set up last year with his line breaking kicks were a thing of beauty. He’s just butchered a couple this year.

Hurley got nothing on Francis’ aerial prowess but he’s probably stronger and better in contested marks.

1 Like

Yeah. If the ball was going into defensive 50 and our game depended on it i’d much rather have Hurls standing there.

Eh, i would play francis ahead of ridley but thats just me, or move Ridley to a wing. Whatever. Find a spot for him

Not that i agree with francis not playing atm, but he simply must work harder than ever to prove why he should not have been dropped

2 Likes

I’ve seen multiple people suggest moving Ridley to a wing. Which mid do you take out to accomodate that?
Is that really improving the side. I think it’s questionable when you start playing multiple blokes out of position

4 Likes

Haha, everybody want players shifted to new positions or dropped to accommodate Francis. How about he just earns his position in the backline?

3 Likes

Ridley was dropped only a couple of weeks ago so that tells me he’s only borderline best 22 even though I think he improves us immensely with his skill level.

If he does get dropped which I’m sure he will eventually then I think he should start playing wing in the VFL.

The reality is we have about 3-4 talented guys fighting over two positions.

Somethings got to give.

2 Likes

Imagine being Gleeson right now.

2 Likes
  • McKenna will permanently move to the wing.

• Redman will replace him on the half-back flank.

• Ridley will just keep doing what he’s doing. Kid is all class.

• Francis & Gleeson compete for the 7th defender position.

1 Like

Now there’s a guy i could see leaving for opportunity.
He’s been leapfrogged by Ridley, Francis, & Redman in about 18 months.

1 Like

Hopefully he has improved as much in the eyes of other club recruiters in that 18 months as he has in the eyes of some on here. If so, he’d net us a top 10 pick

2 Likes

If Saucy’s assessment is correct, and I’m not saying that it is, then both of them will surely want to leave at the end of the year.
Particularly Francis.

We simply can’t expect to hold onto a guy on ‘competing for seventh defender’ money when half a dozen clubs will be offering him Lever money.
And half a dozen might be conservative.

A fair few people here want him moved to midfield/wing but I think he is so much more damaging at HB, rebounding and providing a lot of run, and more importantly, he’ll always run harder back to defence than anyone.

3 Likes