#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Would he be willing to improve his defensive game over the next few weeks and then prove himself in the firsts?

His good stuff is great which increases the hype but he does a lot wrong. He appears to get out positioned quite easily in a one on one. For a beast he sometimes appears pretty weak.

I know he hasnā€™t played that many games but heā€™s not 18 anymore. In my opinion he either comes on strong by seasons end or he becomes possible trade bait. Its up to him now

Enough of the molly coddling

4 Likes

Weā€™ll give him every opportunity to be a great player. I mean f*ck, Langford and Laverde are playing VFLā€¦ and not likely to come in any time soon.

We have competition for spots, and players miss out. Thatā€™s what happens in good teams.

if only underperforming for a period of game players weā€™re dropped though.

Yes and no.

Truth is I want to keep all of Gleeson, Ridley, Redman and Francis.

Gleeson is the only one I see as a firm defender only.

I donā€™t see why Redman and Ridley couldnā€™t become tall skillfull 2 way running wingers.

And Francis could end up playing a multitide of roles. So I think with some creativity their is a spot for at least 3 and potentially 4 but of course that would depend on the performance of our fringe midfielders like Guelfi, Parish, Langford, Myers etc.

I think all 4 of Redman, Ridley, Francis and Marty are super talented. More so than Parish, Langford, Myers or Guelfi.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think Aaron played a great game on Sunday. Laverde played better but TBH Liam McKenna was better than both of them. The bloke doesnā€™t have the physical attributes of Francis or Laverde but he sure knows where to go and how to footy.

to be fair on Franga, he played down back and the ball didnt really go down there very muchā€¦

Yeah, true. We gave them a right old flogging.

Francis is a very good intercept mark with a very good precision long kick to create the fast break away. GET HIM IN.

1 Like

To replace who?
Who of our back six today would you replace?
If not back, where and for who would you bring him in?

1 Like

Got a feeling Ridley might need a week off after that knock. Although we do have a 9(?) day turnaround so he might be ok.

Surely Francis will play forward this week in the VFL. With Brown out he is more than capable of playing as a second tall.

1 Like

So what youā€™re saying is that weā€™re the very opposite of those Fark Carlton arseholesā€¦ given our medical report didnā€™t result in a suspension.

1 Like

Saw heā€™s kicked 2 goals in the vfl is he playing forward or back? Potential to replace brown?

Moved forward when Laverde did his hammy.

Not sure if itā€™s for the VFL sideā€™s benefit, or to give him a chance at replacing Brown.
Or both.

IMO, Francis is ready to play FF.

Played out of the goalsquare for most of the match after the Laverde injury.

Well sort of went like that due to injury. Selection next week is much anticipated.

1 Like

The only thing is, Francis is the least likely player on our list to play Browns role.

In fact I canā€™t really think of many on our list who can play Browns role.

He plays ~95% of the game, running up and down clocking up 15kms a game.

This is not Francisā€™ go.

I still expect him to come in and play forward, we may deploy someone else to be that hit up player.

3 Likes

First goal was drifting with the pack as Collingwood all pushed up, but was a nice lead/mark/goal. Then he was FF from latish through the second quarter to the end. Second goal was standing alone in the square while for some reason his man drifted off him. Mark, goal.

But overall I thought he was pretty poor forward. General positioning and leading was terrible. Number of times he was in a spot with no capacity to impact the contest.

Had 10 disposals for the game. Only saving grace was the two goals and one or two very nice plays.

3 Likes