#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

100% this, Played what 4 half decent games in he’s career? Jason Cloke like, 3rd man up defender or nothing

1 Like

LOL you all judging a marking forward on a wet night… seriously???

He was very good last week.

Please don’t do a Woosha and drop a youngster after 1 bad game like he has been doing to Parish (who is starting to shine after a run of games) and Ridley

3 Likes

Francis, Parish, Redman, Begley, Laverde, Langford, McGrath play all games for the rest of the season.

We need youth!

We have traded away 3 first rounders in past 3 years.

Give these guys a proper run to get some continuity and confidence!

1 Like

Tom Lynch, aka the “best player in the competition”: 3 kicks, 2 handballs, 1 mark, 2 goals (cough).

Aaron Francis, aka “get rid of him now”: 3 kicks, 9 handballs, 3 marks

14 Likes

I don’t think he should be dropped, but it’s not his output that’s annoyed people. His awareness was terrible on Saturday. Just a bad game though.

He needs to play in defence. It’s where he reads the game best.

Awareness is a mixed bag
He hand balled well to advantage
He got chased down from behind
Which also happened to Dusty- do the Tigers drop him for lacking awareness?

2 Likes

I said i don’t think we should drop him. But let’s not make ridiculous comparisons.

Dusty had 35 touches and over 700 metres gained in the wet.

I was picking you up on the generic use of ‘awareness ‘ - Francis has excellent awareness on the field
What he doesn’t have is experience as a forward- though the creative nature of forward play actually suits him better

It was a criticism of that particular game, not him as a player in general. He did lack ‘awareness’ and it was evident. Like i said, he just didn’t have a good game. This was what stood out. He should be playing and it should be in the backline.

1 Like

Being a first round pick literally guarantees you 10 years at Essendon.

1 Like

What’s this rumour on Deesnation…

Surely not true?

Care to elaborate?

Not sure it’s worth repeating, especially if it’s not true.

But basically Aaron was in an altercation with someone at the club…

1 Like

I don’t even know what a deesnation is

Forward group review

Corrigan - “you weren’t good enough”

Francis - “what would you know?”

2 Likes

The footy equivalent of an AA meeting.

1 Like

Overrated ? were you blokes saying this last year - doubt it.

He’s still a kid ffs, with less than 25 games under his belt. He’s shown plenty in his extremely short career thus far.
Wish you all would cut the kid some slack , if he’s played in defence week in week out and learns from Hooker and Hurley the sky is the limit.

I’ve seen plenty of footballers over the years and he is one of the most naturally gifted players I’ve ever seen.

His lack of development is attributed to the coaches, put the blame where it belongs not at the kids feet.

1 Like

You can’t blame the coaches for his fitness levels being wayyyy below par as per his application to football over first few years of his career

4 Likes

:thinking: So you admit he has talent, but we wouldn’t get a decent trade regardless of his talent and you would look at trading Francis and keep any of Ambrose, Gleeson, Ridley, BZT,Hartley,Dea :man_facepalming:

His fitness level can be worked on with multiple preseasons fixing this. Development takes time and being played in the right position week in week out, Natural talent you are born with.