#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Well, you’re just a poo poo face and you look like a donkey’s bottom.

6 Likes

How you can have seen the Freo game and not see that he can play forward is beyond me. The guy was DIRECTLY involved in 6 of our 8 goals… and mostly from pure scrappy effort.

8 Likes

Sounds like he has a distinct case of the “Jobe’s”, based on that assessment, providing it is accurate.

I suppose ‘this coach’ has relied on the new defensive measures coach to assess whether Aaron fits down back at this point. Presumably the new coach has said to ‘this coach’ - sorry find somewhere else for him to play as we’re doing just fine down back. Where else do you play Aaron ?
Probably up forward to further his learning and development in the game of AFL.
Pretty sure Aaron might pick up a few tricks from some handy opposition defenders for the times he does go back when the situation demands it.

1 Like

Well it’s an accurate reflection of my opinion at the very least

I see a little early Jobe, hopefully he has that major light bulb and turns himself into top flight Jobe
(Obviously I dont mean a midfielder, just workrate and intensity)

1 Like

Marking forward struggles on a wet night with poor delivery. Delist.

4 Likes

Only because you persist in the belief that Francis is a back, and nothing more.
I, and others, don’t share that opinion.

He’s played his best games to date as a back, but certainly had his moments as a forward in the Twos, despite being grossly unfit. It was his request to be moved back to regain confidence- not because he couldn’t play forward, but because the game, especially at VFL level, is easier to read down back.
Fast forward a year and a bit - Franga is fitter, he is not being dropped when things don’t fall perfectly, so long as he puts in the effort, (see Hookers comments about him this week) which actually helps his confidence in the medium term, and he’s got the ability to tear a game apart as a forward.

All this is much better than relegation to the Twos backline.

5 Likes

What do you think his best position should ultimately be?

■■■■ these posts are getting annoying, quote the person you think is saying this
And even for those that do want him sacked, you reckon they’ve come to that opinion off one game?
If you think someone is that stupid why even bother posting?

1 Like

This thread is great

2 Likes

The position that wins us a flag.
Facile I know, but he is an extremely gifted footballer, with the ball, and in his vision of where to best use it.
Back when he started and I watched him closely I’d hoped for a Roughead type forward who does bursts in the midfield. But we’ve got Stringer doing that now, and Franga’s aerobic capacity may take a couple more years or never to play that role.
So in terms of his best position in the next two years - remembering that’ll only take him to 60 odd games or so - I’m happy to develop him as the classic team needs tall utility- play a patch forward, but swing back if required through injury or match ups. Maybe Give him a burst at centre bounces while Stringer is injured. I’d be shocked if at some stage one of Hooker, Hurley or Ambrose didn’t miss games over the next two years, which may mean a longer stint down back.

It is partly a rounded development and partly team needs. At some stage Franga will make a role his own, and team needs will be adjusted to suit his strengths, as they have been with the Hurley/ Hooker combination down back.

1 Like

Maybe I’m venting at the general theme in this thread. The negativity towards Francis is seriously bugging me.

1st game as a forward, not brilliant, to be expected.
2nd game, involved in 75% of our goals.
3rd game, saturated conditions. Wasn’t great, neither were the Richmond talls.

I think people need to chill out for a few weeks and let the guy have a decent crack at this role before we change the entire team structure around him.

15 Likes

I get sick of it too. Why do we have to use our young guys as whipping boys? They need encouragement and support. The guy has played less than 20 games ( and some of them excellent) but people are writing him off.

5 Likes

Wing

I don’t think anybody is writing him off. He’s one of the more loved players.

Read all the utter morons posting on the weekend.

4 Likes

coach

1 Like

Ruck coach to be specific

He had a bad game in ■■■■ conditions, let’s not overreact.

1 Like

Oh right. I try to avoid this place right after a game. It gets a little to nuts for me.