#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I reckon Mitch Brown should come in as CHF asap. He offers run and structure,
Francis back to the VFL until a space in the backline becomes available i.e. one of Hurley, Hooker or Ambrose unavailable.

7 Likes

I think heā€™s going ok. does lots of blocking, creative taps etc. Demands a defender as he has that X-factor about him. That forward entry in the 1st was beautiful. Stays in at least until Stringer is back or if a spot opens up down back (with hot competition from BZT)
We need to keep this young group playing together.

30 Likes

Also did a lot of sacrificial/leading creating a lot of space behind him.

9 Likes

Yeah he wasnā€™t that bad at all. However with how well Ridley is going down at VFL atm, Francis could do a with a little rest just as Ridley has.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t that bad? Sheesh!

That odd time he got the pill he just blindly hand balled it to nowhere

On what Ive seen this year he should not be in the side

Like next week? I think thereā€™s a week off.

On that basis, back to the magoos, because he sure isnā€™t displacing anyone in the backline!

Good thing was. that even though he was completely ineffectual he tried, gave the 1%s and didnt drop his head.

Needs a spell though

2 Likes

Once again he shouldnā€™t have been played out of position in the wet.

Swervinā€™ Irving should have been blooded in his stead

Iā€™ll rewatch the game, but at the ground he didnā€™t seem to be a liability. Had a very similar game to McKernan.

All I really expect from a tall forward in the wet is to bring it to ground and break up packs.

18 Likes

He is clearly a defender, but I thought he competed well and did a few good things today.
Much better than last week when he stank it up.
Eventually he will settle down back, but no injuries and great form fromAmbrose, Hooker and Hurley mean he is the one sacrificing his game to provide a contest up forward. Keep playing him and it will pay dividends as he gains confidence and is ultimately sent down back.

2 Likes

He played like a tall trying to slog it out in the wet. He will be better next game in the dry.

3 Likes

Reckon some of you are just flogs. He was hard in the contest and played a solid game. Watch the replay, he was the bloke in the forward line getting the ball out to those who kicked goals.

20 Likes

I agree he was instrumental in bringing others into the game. Not sure about whether others are flogs

Biggest asset is his marking, and the conditions today rendered that a non factor.

Didnā€™t seem to be a liability or really mess up badly as far as I recall.

There are no spots in the backline so he probably just needs to commit to the role he is being given each week.

If heā€™s any good, heā€™ll work it out.

5 Likes

He is playing in a position where he can get a game, he isnā€™t playing well but itā€™s all good experience. I donā€™t see him going backwards because he plays a half dozen games out of position. He is a fair way off it mind you.

3 Likes

Well letā€™s throw him back finally next week against a very dangerous forward line combination under the roof and see where heā€™s at. Donā€™t see a matchup that doesnā€™t worry me against hawthorn though, Gunston,impey, Breust , Puopolo , Lewis, all pretty quick

Rather I think he needs more experience in the ones.
Just needs to be a bit more aggressive at the ball at times -
its a confidence thing.
He is still a work in progress.

2 Likes

If we want to develop with as a forward I think a spell back in the VFL to hopefully kick a few bags of 3 or 4 would be good for him

Playing his role for the team.

2 Likes