#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

No need to when you are actually at the game, questionable statement with the gifting of goals to team mates too . Didn’t touch it inside 50

I was at the game, and thought he hardly touched it. I have just re-watched the first half and he did a number of nice things, and was involved in a number of score involvements. Was in no way poor in the first half. I expect the replay to confirm he dropped off in the second half but his first half was decent in my opinion.

8 Likes

Agreed, first half wasn’t bad, played he’s role I suppose, second half non existent, 1 handball I think

1 Like

Ok first half. Does a lot of smart one percent things and played a role. I really want him to play ones. But brown and smack offer more atm.

1 Like

He’s a backman… simple. He would’ve done no forward craft over pre season and would still be learning how to play they role.
Some guys like going towards the ball. Francis is a guy who likes the ball going to him. A bit like Hurley in that regard… no where near the attack on the footy Hurls has but reminds me a lot of how lost Hurley looked at times as a forward.

Don’t give a Fark about your heat map, watch the replay and see the work he did to assist goal from others.

10 Likes

Except for the leading, marking, doubling back and kicking goals that I saw him doing with trainers on the smaller oval during the preseason.

2 Likes

It’s not just the assists, but the creativity of them that stood out.
Yeah there was one blind handball that didn’t work.
But he was ignoring easy options to choose really smart ones that opened play up, shepherding after being involved, and didn’t drop his head or take the selfish path.
It’ll pay off personally for him soon

7 Likes

Bunch of numpties.
Play the farkin kids, they say.
Then when the kid starts to learn his craft, trade him, they say!

7 Likes

I thought he and Mackernan were great, They halved contests all day allowing us to either reset at a stoppage or have ground balls to scrap for.

7 Likes

FarkCarlton mate saying he is hearing scuttlebutt that FCFC are into Franga. Anyone heard anything? Thought the last mail on him was that he was close to re-signing.

Lol, somebody in the Parish thread just said the same about Parish.

They honestly think a club that’s going to win consecutive wooden spoons and has no coach is appealing to talented young players?

1 Like

Carlton has heaps of holes on their list. Third key position players isn’t one of them.

Curnow and McGovern forward.

Matchbank and plowman back.

I don’t see why they would target Francis, when they need so much else.

3 Likes

All list managers will be “into” all players coming out of contract. Test the waters to see if they are a chance. It’s what they are meant to do. Doesn’t mean they will want them even if they want to leave. Or that the player will leave even if they are open to offers.

2 Likes

Did he play today? Don’t think he did… You’d think direct swap for Jake

Doubt it. Mitch Brown working up and down the ground in Perth will be the go.

5 Likes

Brown for stringer makes sense this week especially against a defense that shows very little respect and zones off perfectly. Horrible matchups for Francis unless he went back which I don’t think he will

Francis didn’t play today but was their watching his teammates.

2 Likes

Short 6 day break with a flight to Perth, replacement for Stringer. I reckon they spelled him from playing VFL. Otherwise why didn’t he play VFL? He must be injured surely? And no I didn’t call you Shirley😜

1 Like

Farck I loved that movie, sorry I couldn’t resist :joy:

2 Likes