#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I think he’s a more obvious replacement for Stringer than Brown.

2 Likes

I’d prefer someone forward who might actually get a kick.

Brown should be a no brainer

6 Likes

Yeah I’m not suggesting Francis better performed but Brown and Stringer are totally different players.

Brown obviously likes to work his opponents over and isn’t that great at taking marks deep in the forwardline.

Stringer is more of the explosive type who likes to physically dominate a player.

Francis is still learning but I think he will turn out similar to stringer in regards to explosiveness.

1 Like

It ain’t Subiaco but it’ll do.

I like Francis more, so Francis over Brown for me.

3 Likes

Brown would be a good pick. With McKernan having the game/body/attitude to do the physical stuff.

4 Likes

Output wins over popularity

Francis only kicked 1 goal over 5 wks in forwardline

Brown is a far superior fwd, who helps us to win the game moreso. Can double Francis’s output via work rate and forward smarts.

Brown vs Bris. 25 pos@ 88%DE. 11 marks. 3goals

When he’s fit it’s a no brainer he comes in ahead of Francis. And Brown has also proven he can get it done on/limit McGovern also.

I don’t think people realise how important Brown is to our fwd line functioning well/overall scoring up.

Francis did a good job as cover for injuries but now that the more competent players are back out he goes. Awaits his next opportunity.

16 Likes

That’s a massive game against brissie, half decent defenders too. I agree super important for our setup, aerobic beast

1 Like

:100: %

I would go francis personally.

Browns good between the arcs but his body work will get found out if the game is congested in our forward half.

Our game against Hawks last weekthe second half was mostly played on repeat entries and Brown would have no where to run if that’s the case.

1 Like

I like Francis, but as a defender. As speedy showed above, Aaron has struggled as a forward. Never say never, but I think he’s better suited playing back.

5 Likes

If we can lock the ball in our forward half like we did in the 2nd half last week, we will win Brown or no Brown.

Would you play him forward this week? Can’t dislodge anyone from our back 6

1 Like

It’s important to back in the youth and give them opportunity.

Brown for me just can’t take a contested mark. Even when he has an opponent on his hammer he still tries to take it on his chest and that’s why he’s not great one out with his opponent.

Francis will at least be competitive in the air.

For what its worth he may come back in but he’s clearly just back up because he has been playing VFL even since Joe went down.

Franga likes to sit behind the play. Brown is far more mobile & likes to get on his wheels & move along the flanks. He is quite a clever forward. And super consistent. We are a far better side with Brown in it than out of it.

5 Likes

and Brown can be a very good shot at goal - which is a plus

3 Likes

Some people have short memory’s. Brown was sensational before he got injured. I would love to have Frang in the side, but he is a long way behind Brown as a fwd. You cant gift games to Francis just because he is young. He needs to earn it.

5 Likes

he goes alright

9 Likes

Do you have a stat for score involvements ? Reckon that may change your mind.

2 Likes

He got 5 ■■■■■■■ weeks!!!

Not
A
Forward

5 Likes