#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

He hasn’t got a role in the backline either.

I would prefer to have him in the side than not.

5 Likes

Brown - 1 goal assist & 10 score inv. in Bris game.

For reference on Francis’s 5 games above

Vs Cats. 1 goal assist / 8 score involvements
Vs Syd. 1 / 4
Vs Freo. 3 / 7
Vs Rich. 0 / 3
Vs Blues 1 / 4

He’s having some impact for sure & done some clever things but ultimately not getting involved enough and also not hitting scoreboard.

2 Likes

Franga has done some nice things playing fwd, and has been far from a failure in the position. The clever tap ons, and his natural footy instincts did help setup a number of goals.

But his influence on games has been far less then what Brown has offered this year. People keep saying he offers more in the air then Brown. How many contested marks has frang taken as a fwd this year?

We have enough contested Ariel ability down fwd with Smack, Lav, Begs, etc. But have seriously been lacking lead up CHF options. This is exactly where Brown slots into the team nicely for mine.

I really want Frang in the side but its hard to see where he fits atm.

6 Likes

If Brown was missed so much as a roaming forward why did he play VFL last week?

Cos he’d been out for multiple weeks?

7 Likes

Is that legit question?

Smack came straight back in after a serious injury.

Um… Where did Franga play?

He didn’t play at all.

Rested?

Sure but we didn’t have any kpfs available.

Brown in for stringer is the right call. Lav to play stringers role. I like that mix

4 Likes

And Brown played a half and was pulled. You think maybe they wanted to get a little footy into him but not a full game because of the short break?

1 Like

My point still stands.

If we were desperate he would have played.

He’s clearly not critical to the way we play.

I don’t know that I agree with that. He was very influential against the lions and norf. Against the pies he was well held but his presence created a bit of space for daniher.

One of our primary issues over the period since the pies game has been a lack of leading targets across half forward and movement ahead of the ball generally. Rewatch the Sydney game with that in mind.

That hit up and link between midfield and forward line is exactly what Brown excels at and his hard running ahead of the ball creates movement, space and options in our forward line.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that our scoring has dried up in his absence. Obviously though he is only of several factors at play in that regard

3 Likes

Since collingwood we have had geelong, sydney, Freo, richmond carlton and hawthorn.

Our opponents have been of a higher quality and in particular ones that like to shut down our space.

We are 50/50 since the pies and in most of those games we have kicked more points than goals.

If we were struggling for that type of player we would have just played him. Even more so with the fact that Francis was rested last week.

Anyway, Brown traveled, Franga didn’t. That’s the right choice.

4 Likes

Balanced and fair so definitely can’t fault you on that. Only can’t see Begley being an aerial threat

Is it a fact that Francis was rested after the bye? 1 week not enough?

He may be injured, who knows?

What’s the difference?

Oh. Not a fact anymore. Got ya.

Whether he was injured or rested its irrelevant to my point.

My point was brown didn’t play.

He’s playing tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing him back out there. Hopefully Franga can make his way into the backline soon. I do miss seeing him out there too. Just don’t like him up forward.

1 Like