#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

1 Like

I know Wooshas stance on playing youth.

Thank god Myers dropped himself or Clarke May never have played.

1 Like

If we commit to playing Francis forward for the rest of the year and we miss finals because he has more ordinary games up forward then that wouldnā€™t be good for his or the teamā€™s development or his confidence, would it?
Itā€™s not like Brown is retiring at the end of the season, heā€™s got a few more years and he continually proves himself a worthy selection.

5 Likes

If you are suggesting that Brown guarantees us finals them Iā€™m in.

Sounds awfully familiar though.

Brown was the logical inclusion and Francis has not gone particularly well playing forward.

1 Like

There is heaps of youth in the side. Generally all made to earn it as it should be.

I donā€™t believe Myers dropped himself, optics for his reputation as a player in leadership group.

As is common for some young players is they have only come into the team due to injuries /suspensions and once the more competent senior players return they go out.

Heā€™s just going to have to wait for opportunity again or force his way past others.

3 Likes

SJeremy Cameron is a very, very good forward.
Buddy Franklin is a very, very good forward.
Joe Daniher is a very good forward.
Ben Brown is a good forward
Jake Stringer is a good forward.

Brown is a fringe player who gets a game when Daniher, Stringer and Stewart are injured. He has very, very little upside. Hereā€™s hoping he plays well above his ability and towels up McGovern.

Like last year.

Nah sorry dude. Brown cemented a spot where Stewart couldnā€™t. But then his flimsy body failedā€¦again.

Anyway, what I should have said was heā€™s the best* forward on the list.

*Thats available for that role.

1 Like

While he is a fringe player he gets a game even when Joe and Stringer are playing. Stewart hasnā€™t played in a very long time while Brown has been playing a lot of the time.

1 Like

Not sure Brown would be close to ā€œbest 22ā€, and I was responding to the "very, very good forward " comment.

I hope he kicks a bag tonight, and McGovern (figuratively) breaks a leg !

The thing that intrigues me about Brown is that I look at him and go ā€œYeah nahā€ then he pops up in games and goes BANG! and you sit there wondering what just happened.

9 Likes

Itā€™s the same argument friends and I have every week on our footy chat group. Heā€™s a divisive player, but for what itā€™s worth. I think heā€™s great. May not be a star but you can rely on him to do a job.

Yeh spot on, and no better player on our list up forward to impact west coasts defenders bread and butter, zone off, impact other contests. He will make them accountable

Hopefully*

1 Like

Red >>>>> Brown

1 Like

Exactly. He also manages to pull one out of his but t when we really need it too.

Great for our momentum, like that one he kicked from 50-55 after the siren that time.

Should we be giving Francis some midfield minutes at Vfl level now to help improve his tank And further develop his game?

As a junior he could play everywhere.

3 Likes

Told you so !

1 Like

Heā€™s in his fourth year now so he needs to find a tank if itā€™s still an issue. I donā€™t see intensity in the VFL. I see him amble between contests. In comparison, when Langford was getting dropped he was working hard and looking a class above. I donā€™t see that in Francis.

Perhaps ability got him through in juniors and itā€™s not enough up a level.

1 Like