#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Just play him in the seniors

15 Francs disposals, plus his cleaver taps, shepherds etc is worth 25 of Browns.

He has a presence

He is part of our next premiership

He’s an on field leader Stringer style

Bring him in and leave him in

8 Likes

Slow down.

3 Likes

I was nearly on board until then.

3 Likes

Disagree. Make him earn it, work hard, play well in the twos and demand a game. His performance in the twos as a fwd a month ago was very lacklustre and we bought him up and he struggled.

1 Like

I think he’s a great defender. Enough with the forward experiment. Stop playing him out of position.

2 Likes

Perhaps I got a tad excited :laughing: but I do think that a 25 year old Francis may not be in the leadership group but will take games into his own hands on field dragging others along with him in a similar fashion to what we have seen from Jake this season

6 Likes

25 disposals 2 to 3 goals are big numbers for any fwd. He is ahead of Francis by a margin. Brown is seriously underrated by some of you.

Dont get me wrong I am a huge fan of Franga, but he has to work harder to get in.

8 Likes

So he will still be playing at age 75???

4 Likes

Haven’t we already learnt our lesson about playing natural defenders in attack?

They can kick 40+ goals in a season?

1 Like

Francis is going to be our next Ted Richards with the way we are going about it.
It’s like watching a slow motion car crash and not being able to do anything about it.

3 Likes

What do you mean? Leaving him in the 2’s when he doesn’t deserve a spot in the 1’s?

1 Like

Francis would’ve dominated 20 years ago. He’s footballer first, athlete second… wrong way around for the modern game.

1 Like

No he wasn’t. At least to my eye.

Worsfold doesn’t seem to get the best out of our players, the teams performances are showing this time after time.
Just another player not getting there under John.

1 Like

I saw several VFL games where he was a standout. He was bigger, stronger and got to contest after contest. He was, in my view, clearly better than the level. He was made to put a body of this work together before being bought up.

I thought he had well and truly earned it.

Yes.
But that wasn’t the comment.
The comment was - that he was dropped from the 1sts, after showing great intensity (or something like that). Which I disagreed with. Correct me if I’m wrong, seriously.
He is usually an excellent VFL player, and in the past has gone in a lot harder. Maybe it’s the responsibility, I don’t know. Btw - we are talking about Langers, right?

Worsfold isn’t responsible for Franga’s non second efforts, inability to play forward or have a half decent tank required to play modern football. Earn your right to play senior footy again by working on your weaknesses, not owed anything, top ten pick or not.

5 Likes

Mmmm, perhaps we are both a bit confused! Yes, def talking about Langers.
I didn’t say he (Lang) was dropped from the firsts after showing great intensity, I was comparing Francis in the twos to Lang in the twos.
I thought Lang went back and worked really hard and, to me, looked a class above several times (and showed intensity there). I haven’t seen Francis do that in the seconds.
I reckon Lang went back and demanded a game and was certainly made to earn it.

Well we actually have a whole team of players who haven’t worked on their weaknesses, Just watch Bellchambers, Myers, Zaharakis (still soft as butter), holy crap nearly every player doesn’t improve year on year if they are playing at Essendon.

Sheedy had players hold form or improve every single year.

2 Likes