#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Most certainly can a dangerous combo especially when you add Sir clunk (hooker) to that mix.

1 Like

I actually donā€™t see much of a problem with Hurley out,
Ambrose is our best 1on1 defender and then Hooker.

Francis plays best when he is given Hurleys role as an intercept/roamer type player.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t he play on a man on the weekend?

Did he play loose?

I would say last Year Hurley was a interceptor / loose

this year he has had big jobs on the smaller power forwards - De Goey, Ziebell, Caddy - I Doubt Francis would have the Engine for that type. Also last couple of weeks without Ambrose he has taken the most dangerous forward.

I think Gleeson plays the intercept role.
Francis plays on his player and helps out when he can.

1 Like

A couple of contests in the second half he just jumped at and smashed the ball golden fist style.

More of this as opposed to trying to mark everything. Intercepts will come more naturally

yeah thatā€™s a fair analysis actually, however I do think Franga would be fine taking on De goey etc.

with Ambrose back it will be interesting seeing where Francis goes.

It would be interesting to see how he goes. Will probably get a look in round 23.
Although Ambrose might get the job.

Was a bit loose at times yes.

Ambrose to De Goey
Francis to Mihocek
Hooker to Cox

Example of match ups I would do for Collingwood

Hehehe

8 Likes

Mihocek has enormous running capacity. Which is why Ambrose played on him on ANZAC day

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen two pies games this year, and this guys is the biggest spud. I have no idea how he manages to perform so well against us.

Hooker should give him a bath

1 Like

Francis has struggled at times with his one-on-one defending and when he has take an opponent in a handover situation - he needs to get better in these instances - he can stay in defence this week if Ambrose plays.

Heā€™ll stay in defence regardless. Heā€™ll be needed more than ever worth Hurley out. Hooker, Ambrose and Francis are good enough. If Ambrose is no good itā€™ll be Zerk/Hartley with Hooker and Francis. I very much doubt weā€™ll see him forward unless thereā€™s an injury to Brown or McKernan.

Heā€™s slowly gaining more confidence each week. Ffs donā€™t move him again. Let him get back to what we saw toward the end of last season, continuity and trust to play his role.

3 Likes

Very impressed with Francisā€™s game today. One of the best from him I can remember. And are we starting to see the team that can win over the next few years: Francis, Gleeson, Clarke (D), Redman etc? Very excited by what Iā€™m seeing over the last couple of monthsā€¦

13 Likes

Best game Iā€™ve seen him play.

4 Likes

Plays good football at the Adelaide Oval. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Best game. Build on this and he can dominate.

3 Likes

Was awesome tonight

1 Like

He was massive! Was the general back there once hooker went forward. Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say interest again. His ceiling is the highest of anyone at the club. That kick to Guelfi for that goal was wank material

6 Likes