#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Ease him in :wink:

7 Likes

Please have a good game. Please have a good game. Please have a good game. Please have a good game. Please have a good game. Please have a good game. Please have a good game. Please have a good game. Please have a good game.

1 Like

Okay, seems like a good time to rip this out againā€¦

Agreed. A big percentage gain against the worst team in the league will put us in third spot on the ladder.

2 Likes

I can feel a thread title change coming on ā€¦

What does Austin think about this?

tl:dr ITS TIME

6 Likes

Austin Lucyā€™s diminutive appendages

FRING

1 Like

On board.

2 Likes

IMO what Francis brings is exceptional intercept markingā€¦but at the expense of mobility.

So his role overlaps a bit with Hooker.

I canā€™t see him being picked unless Hooker is injured or moved forward again.

This is what happened the last time someone compared Francisā€™ mobility to Hookerā€™s.

11 Likes

Since going back, Hooker is now going to the no 1 opposition tall forward. He is playing a much more negating role. The role Francis would play is more like Dea or Marty: intercept defender. But Francis is not slow. In the VFL, Francis even has stints in the midfield and plays OK.

1 Like

His mobility is good. His burst/power over a short distance is really good. Heā€™s not a lumbering type at all. His tank is never going to be that of one of the elite running mids, but I donā€™t think heā€™s costing the side mobility compared to many whose role he might be rotating through. (Dea, Goddard, Ridley, Hurley, even Stringer and Laverde if he was to go forward, etc etc)

3 Likes

FRANGS ability to burst from a standing start gives him a distinct advantage over many his size,and particularly Hooker.

This kid WILL be a star,as long as his mental health is maintained,and he continues to tick all the training boxes.

Nahhh

7 Likes

Mobility is definitely not a problem with Francis

3 Likes

Someone should mention that heā€™s a talent again

Seriously, I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s ever questioned that.

Sure they have.

Read through some of the posts from early in the year where people had him written off at 19-20 years of age.

Please donā€™t tell me it was all based on his mental health either because I doubt anyone on here really knows much about that either, other than the little details that were reported.

3 Likes

Child No. 1.

2 Likes