#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

It was based on his fitness and ability to run out a game

1 Like

People thought he would never play AFL because he wasnā€™t fit?

Wow, thatā€™s worse.

Which for me was clearly linked with his happiness/state of mind which was hindering his motivation or ability to live life as a professional athlete

1 Like

EXPLOSIVENESS

7 Likes

I am soooo sick of that hair ad.

Even if the guy in the red jacket behind the goals would probably benefit from their services.

You donā€™t think, all the contributing factors (homesick, family, fitness,mental state) may of given people a thought about ā€œhey, this guy might not make itā€? Thereā€™s a lot more to being a footballer than just having the talent

Itā€™s a great story heā€™s so close to a game. And Il call bullsh*t to people questioning his talent - if so maybe it would have been a couple of people, you always get them. But I think 95% of people never questioned his natural ability

1 Like

I thought at the time it was a ridiculous overreaction and now just a few months down the track he looks very fit and happy and playing well so it looks even more ridiculous.

He is only 20 years old.

So whatā€™s your point? Everyone was stupid for questioning whether Francis would make it as s successful afl footballer or not?

Man, there were enough question marks over him within the last 18 months for people to question that and if you canā€™t see that, your just choosing to be ignorant

3 Likes

Not everyone was questioning whether he would make it or not.

It was just the skys falling crowd.

well, if we could all be more like you killer, we would have been able to see that Aaron Francis was always a certainty to become a successful afl footballer

Seriously, if anyone thought he might not make it, when you combine what heā€™s been through and the problems heā€™s faced as a collective, it wasnā€™t unwarranted. Itā€™s probably the best news story out of our club this year when he makes his senior return, with good reason.

3 Likes

The good ole Dougie Hawkins 80m playā€¦ran 20m, kicked it 50m.

2 Likes

Play him. Our season is going down the tube, heā€™s in great form, heā€™s earned a chance. Why wait until after the bye? I hope he plays and dominates across half-back!

Iā€™m not a skyā€™s falling crowd but I still question whether heā€™ll make it.
Until he plays some decent games at AFL level iā€™ll still be doubting it.

You canā€™t be certain when heā€™s still yet to play much at that level.

Edit: my Hopes are now much higher than they have been ever before with him though

He is a supremely gifted player and they donā€™t come along often.

He will make it.

5 Likes

For me I have no doubt heā€™ll make it, bar injury of course.

People were absolutely certain McGrath would make it, and in my opinion, Francis has more talent than McGrath. In fact Francis could well be the most talented player on our list.

10 Likes

I hope youā€™re right. I donā€™t see much VFL, so iā€™m going largely on VFL reports and hope

1 Like

Heā€™s the full package.

what does that make stringer

2 Likes

a bigger, full package

1 Like