#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Love seeing this guy back in form. The team looks so much better when he’s on. Also love that he’s not just getting the outside ball. He’s doing the hard stuff and sticking tackles. Huge turn around from the start of the season.

Whoa he’s been immense.

Hasn’t this bloke turned himself around

1 Like

I dunno, I reckon it’s the people in here who have turned it around. Sometimes you just gotta be patient

4 Likes

Just loves whipping Collingwood.

DAVID Zaharakis will join the list of Essendon re-signings after finally being offered a new deal.
And James Kelly is open to joining veteran Brendon Goddard in playing on, with the former St Kilda star next week officially hitting a trigger clause for 2018.

1 Like

Serious lack of activity in the Zaka thread.

He’s been supreme for the last 5-6 weeks.

9 Likes

And he’s back kicking goals as well. Used to be his thing.

1 Like

Thought today was his first average game for awhile, seemed to butcher it a lot today. Still got plenty of it but just didn’t think it was good compared to what he normally produces

1 Like

To be fair I think you could say that with at least a good half a dozen players today.

There’s an old saying that I nearly posted here a while ago, as it’s never been so pertinent than for what goes on here …

“You can do everything right, and you’ll hear nought about it, but then do one thing wrong, & you’ll never hear the end of it”

Or something to that effect.

(Funny I thought it was well used & known, but no matter how hard I Goog’ed I couldn’t find it.)

3 Likes

Unlucky not to have kicked another two from memory. One hit the post, and another was downgraded from a goal after a dubious replay.

Thought he was good, good to see he is kicking goals again

The wonky wheel makes the most noise?

Lack of activity when he’s playing well is further evidence that the two most common kinds of poster are not in fact negative posters and positive posters, but rather negative posters and posters who argue with negative posters.

Edit: and snarky ■■■■■ like me, obviously.

3 Likes

Its called the “One goat rule”

4 Likes

He started quietly but has gone on to have one of his best years. He is probably our main goal scoring mid. Is the player want to have the ball when entering the 50.

He had 9 touches at half time, but 27 at the end. I am pretty confident he had a lot to do with the turn around.

When he plays well we seem to mostly win.

4 Likes

when we play well, he plays well.
I’m not saying that to bag him, but as has been said before - he’s an outside mid, and a benefactor of when we are getting up on top inside, when we are linking up smoothly out of defense etc.

1 Like

I enjoy your snark.