#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

FLY THE FLAG

I completely agree with many people’s past criticism of this guy.

But…

He would be a sneaky chance to finish the 2nd highest in our Best&Fairest count among our midfielders. That’s kind of damning.

Goddard has been average the last 2 months after a great start.

Hepp has been very inconsistent and hasn’t had as many big games as Zakka.

Zakka was pretty good round 2 against Lions. One of our best against Crows and since round 8 has nearly been in our best every week.

Will poll well.

And I’m not sure whether that is a credit to him, shows his underlying ability or is damning that only Zerret has been able to put an entire season together amongst our midfield brigade.

Suggest a combination of all those things.

1 Like

I would have though Daniher, Hurley, and Merrett would have the top three spots sewn up.

1 Like

Poor old MacTavish. Nobody remembers the bridges he built…

Or you could look at it the other way and say when he plays well, the team goes well. He’s been a big part of our wins lately.

Zaka needs stability to play well.

He doesn’t play well through injury. He doesn’t play well if given roles that vary from what he is used to. And I’d argue he was one that took longer to adjust to the other players coming back.

Flying now though… and kicking goals. Great to see.

1 Like

He is back to playing the way he was when he won us all over in the first place, more focussed on the ball rather than self preservation
Will never be a head over the pill bull but when he is firing with the things he’s good at that is forgiven

When he’s up and going he can hurt sides quickly and hits the scoreboard, long may it continue

1 Like

I actually think that when Zaka spends some time inside, that’s when he plays his best footy.

I can’t explain it… I’m not even certain it is correct, but that is my perception.

I think your kinda right, he is very good in congestion when he is firing, I was more reffering to his dislike for taking a hit.
In congested slow play he can be great inside but if he has to put his head over it in a situation where he could get cleaned up he tends to hesitate pretty regularly, probably worse when he is out of form too

Super glad to see him find the wrap around the back right foot snap again

1 Like

Was really good again.

He has really stood up this year so let’s hope that it continues.

Carried the team at times against fark Carlton.

3 Likes

Thought he was really good today

Need to re-contract him as soon as possible - He’s an essential part of the midfield mix.

Perennial 1 yr contracts? @Riolio

2 Likes

I like it.

1 Like

The good ol mcveighdays.

Will go top 3 in b&f with Zach and Hurls

2 Likes

Joe says hi

1 Like

This guy is playing very very very good football.

15 Likes

Geez, I reckon he is nearly leading it now.