#11 David Zaharakis - signed till end of 2021

It won’t be ‘stated’ as such, but there will be speculation.

Not sure. But his text there was:

This club has been a part of me since the day I was born. Every day I get to live my childhood dream of playing for this great footy club.

Another 4 years at @essendonfc means the world to me. Success is right in front of this playing group and I can’t wait to be a part of it!!

Yeah, don’t think he was leaving…

This club has been a part of me since the day I was born. Every day I get to live my childhood dream of playing for this great footy club. Another 4 years at @essendonfc means the world to me. Success is right in front of this playing group and I can't wait to be a part of it!!

A post shared by David Zaharakis (@zacka11) on Aug 28, 2017 at 11:58pm PDT

First class result for a first class team player. Well done EFC.

He’s gonna have an absolute belter next Saturday arvy.

Heckuvah turn around since Rd 7, like others I hope his new found physicality is a sign of a genuine mindset shift. The Sydney game is a huge chance for him to stamp himself as a genuinely elite onballer.

One of my favourite players.

I hope his form doesn’t drop because of this new deal. I feel like he always plays his best when his contract is up.

Very glad and relieved he has re-signed. Good news.

Now McKenna is the only missing piece. Get it done Jackets!

Re-signing prior to a final…
Is Zaharakis the anti-Ryder?

Deserves the contract, he has had a fantastic year and he is incredibly important.

Yay

Yeah pay that

Parish sorted?

According to Dunlop’s thread.

I’m excited. Now I just need to know what John Worsfold, Xavier Campbell and Adrian Dodoro think. In that order.

You wish is granted.

I know he is a first year rookie, but I wouldn’t mind nailing Don Draper either.

Signed until the next decade? Suck eggs, haters.

This kid set the club alight when he first arrived and then seemed to taper off… and its probably been hard to fully assess where he is at considering the storm we have been in for four years of his career.

From all reports he got the wake up call he needed earlier in the year and hasn’t looked back. Has been enormous and provides tackling intensity, gut running and good pace.

I agree that we probably wanted 3 years, but matched up to 4. I’m comfortable with that and I doubt we were held over a barrell to pay big $$ either. Zaka loves the club and is part of the core group that are driving the standards now.

What a fantastic way to start the week… Go Bombers.