#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

According to Dunlop’s thread.

1 Like

I’m excited. Now I just need to know what John Worsfold, Xavier Campbell and Adrian Dodoro think. In that order.

5 Likes

You wish is granted.

I know he is a first year rookie, but I wouldn’t mind nailing Don Draper either.

1 Like

Signed until the next decade? Suck eggs, haters.

1 Like

This kid set the club alight when he first arrived and then seemed to taper off… and its probably been hard to fully assess where he is at considering the storm we have been in for four years of his career.

From all reports he got the wake up call he needed earlier in the year and hasn’t looked back. Has been enormous and provides tackling intensity, gut running and good pace.

I agree that we probably wanted 3 years, but matched up to 4. I’m comfortable with that and I doubt we were held over a barrell to pay big $$ either. Zaka loves the club and is part of the core group that are driving the standards now.

What a fantastic way to start the week… Go Bombers.

4 Likes

I was one of his biggest critics earlier this year. Amazing how he has turned it around and credit to him. I was wrong. So pleased to have him locked in for 4 more.

3 Likes

I didn’t think we were going to see his BnF type form again on a regular basis, but he’s proved he can produce it.

Has earned the $$$ and years.

Well done Zaka.

Great stuff Zacka!

1 Like

So… in my very arrogant and self righteous opinion…

There have been moments this year where I think Zaka has been reminiscent of Chris Judd breaking from stoppages.

There. I said it. I compared Zaka to Judd. What of it?

1 Like

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

I take it you like them young?

3 Likes

There’s not too many more exciting things than seeing Zakka dart out of a stoppage and either hit up a forward or drill a goal from 45-50 out

3 Likes

He’s been amazing lately. Seems to have really discovered his groove and consistently. May it serve him and the club for another 4 years.

2 Likes

Some things you should just probably keep to yourself.

4 Likes

One year longer than what I would have liked, given his age. Not an unreasonable deal though.
My guess is that the length of the contract was probably one of the sticking points.
Hopefully now that he’s signed, he keeps playing the way that he has been.

He’s the one player that would never leave. 1 year too long.

Brilliant news. Well deserved and bodes well for our midfield. The one thing that Zaka has impressed me with since his lull early this year is his intensity and tackling. Tops off his game.

1 Like

Same. Almost to the point that I was prepared to see him put up as trade bait. I was so wrong. He found form in a massive way and has been super consistent for almost 2/3 of the season. Credit to the lad. Deserved the 4th year for mine. Great clubman. Congrats, Zaka!

• NB: Earlier in the season, I felt that he struggled with the return of the suspended players. Almost like he thought “OK, I can kinda cruise a bit here”. Sat back, didn’t hunt the ball, was hoping for the cheap handball, etc. 2016 showed that he thrives on a challenge/responsibility, so perhaps the coaching staff should shoulder some of the blame for his early season form. Who cares, though. Great fightback from Zaka.

What reports are you talking about re the wake up call?