#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

That was some Stanton level gut running tonight. Potentially moreso.

It’s a pity he farked a few kicks up, because that was a massive game from him.

His fitness and running ability is now absolutely elite.

19 Likes

When he’s under pressure and kicking into 50 I’d love him to a least lob the ball as we’ll always make a contest.

Saying that, his gut running from start to finish tonight was huge

Was immense in the final term.

3 Likes

Kept running when a lot of players slowed down. Gave him more time to measure his kicks better.

1 Like

Really turned it around in the last, just kept working his ■■■■ off

4 Likes

I was ready to delist him at 3/4 time. Smashed it out of the park in the last.

Very good comparison. Was never out of the game.

1 Like

Tonight was poor execution, but I reckon he actually makes pretty darn good decisions (and is often a decent kick). I reckon the coaches also do, as evidenced by how often he’s the guy on the outside delivering.

1 Like

I don’t disagree, but he doesn’t deliver the ball forward to ZMerretts level.

No, but few do.

2 Likes

Had some terrible disposal at times when he felt he was under more pressure than he actually was. To be fair, we probably haven’t won the ball for years in the sort of positions we did tonight. But he will hopefully get better with his composure for next week.

What he was exceptional at was gut running. While the first quarter he looked a bit slow… his speed didn’t slow when others did.

Kind of played the Stanton role when I think about it.

Average game from Zaka… with a mix of ■■■ why, and amazing.

1 Like

I’m prepared to write off his poor disposal tonight due to it being round 1.he shanked a few, but he wasn’t alone.

His work rate was absolutely first class though.

6 Likes

Got himself in great positions to get the pill, but let’s himseld down with poor kicking. I find that he does a lot of blind kicks. Need to lift his head more. But his disposals did get better as the game wore on. Played well overall. I gave him 2 votes.

Positive: work rate

Negative: a bit selfish. Needs to lower eyes, give handballs, not blaze away at goal.

Very good game but this won’t cut it against Richmond.

35 disposals at 80%, 5 clearances (equal 2nd most), 4 clangers (Heppell had 6), 4 score involvements (Heppell had 7), 8 inside 50’s and 4 rebound 50’s.
Reckon it was a fair bit better than an average game, that could have been outstanding.

10 Likes

I thought he was great.

Disposal was iffy to begin with but got better as the game went on.

Flogged himself all night running both ways and was equally damaging without the ball by applying pressure.

Was super clean below his knees as well.

1 Like

I only saw the second half and thought his disposal was pretty good - was hitting targets, or getting the ball just in front of so they could run on, players in the forward half. Great running across the wing, looked classy.

I reckon he had 2 or 3 shockers, but you get that when you have over 30. People who reckon Zerrett never kicks it to the oppo are kidding themselves. Heppell picked out Adelaide a couple of times too. Lots of Zaka’s kicks were perfect, including the one hooksy fluffed. Great game with some ripping centre clearances.

2 Likes

Got plenty of it.
Made some howlers & Did some good things.

His performance was a replica of the team tonight.

If all the team played that well we win by over 60…