#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

Few, if any.

Shocking disposal for three quarters, and I reckon he shat his dacks and panicked far too many times for a senior player, often kicks to contests could have reaped a better result if he’d take a second to realise we had far better options…but his last quarter was fabulous and every touch was gold, in fact we wouldn’t have won without him in the last and I reckon he found an extra two gears when the game was in the balance.

1 Like

FFS some of you people can ■■■■■ and moan about anything.

Was easily in our best, huge game from him.

22 Likes

Some people are very, very forgiving.

Great endeavour and great last quarter. Very disappointing ball use in the first 3 quarters.

1 Like

Anybody heavily critiquing Zakka from last night’s game just shows the fkn weirdness of the human psyche. How you could be critical of his game or imagine he butchered the ball all night rather than made a few errors typical of 35 disposal game. Easily the 2nd best midfielder on the ground yesterday. Far more damaging than Crouch.

Was awesome and stood up as a leader big time.

16 Likes

Thought he played well, yes he turned it over a few times. But his work rate off the ball to run and create an option is insane.

Great stuff Zaka

1 Like

80% disposal efficiency.

4 Likes

When you get the ball that often and a lot of it under pressure going to turn it over at times.

GAJ does it heaps as does Danger

1 Like

I agree, statistics can be misleading.

WHY WASN’T IT 100% !!:rage:

1 Like

For sure.
So can confirmation bias.

4 Likes

He had 3 or 4 legit shockers. Like, unforgivable type mistakes under no pressure and with a small degree of difficulty. There were two in quick succession too, which always compounds the issue. Can’t deny this at all.

But if that’s all you took from his game… Then maybe you are intentionally not looking hard enough.

He didnt go missing, didn’t squib the body contact, didn’t just run one way, layed tackles, and busted a gut for 4 full quarters. And had 35 touches.

It’s what everybody has wanted from him his whole career. He’s doing it, he’s realising his potential.

Get around him.

27 Likes

I had him as BOG. I guess I am 'the ‘forgiving type’.

2 Likes

First part Crazy, second part Bomber

He really did have a most Stanton-esque game.

Ran the most. Heaps of touches. Made the most eye watering obvious clangers. Got bagged on blitz. Would’ve lost without him.

20 Likes

Just the way I saw it watching from the grandstand mate. Reckon he rushed some possessions and gave off to mates in bad positions so he could give off a quick ball a few times in the first three quarters. He wasn’t alone for the first three quarters, there was a lot of over handballing from everyone and some dodgy decision making especially going forward from us, and both teams produced some pretty putrid play especially in that second quarter. I then thought his last quarter was fantastic, seemed to take that second longer to make a decision which was a huge difference with ball in hand and his gut running helped us deliver a fantastic win.

I’m not having a go at him and in fact I’m praising him, I’m not being a d*ck and attacking posters, I’m just giving my critical analysis on his game. I thought overall he was very good and without his last quarter we wouldn’t have won without him, and I think that’s fair enough. I’d probably have him in my top 6 players.

1 Like

And if you read what everyone has said I think everyone will confirm exactly what you said, I don’t think anyone has only taken his mistakes from the game. In fact I reckon everyone has been overwhelmingly positive. Reckon Zaka was excellent for most the night, I’m loving how our midfield is developing some key alternatives and depth.

1 Like

Nah, fair play, wasn’t really having a crack. I’ll take that game from Zaka any day but you’re probably right, bit rusty. He’s the epitome of listening, learning and improving, thrilled he’s still with us.

1 Like

Hey, it’s my fanboy rant, and I’ll strawman if I want to.

1 Like

This