#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

His importance to the team is underestimated. He generates high numbers of I50s. Usually.

They’re shot inside 50s did you even watch? Kick it over Hooker head when he’s getting double teamed…

the opposition must love when zaharakis gets 30 touches, because at least a third of them are farking turnovers.

1 Like

Zaka seems to cop a lot of flak on here but all our senior blokes turn to water under pressure besides hooker. Not sure why he is singled out.

Is he singled out? Looking around, I don’t think that’s true.

He has to move on from his 2009 ANZAC winning goal. Yes it was very special and yes we love him for it.

But way too many times he goes for those low percentage snaps for goal and fails. Hurts him and the team. He needs to get this part of his game sorted out.

3 Likes

barely saw him out there today

Trade him

2 Likes

should’ve done it last year when he still had some currency

1 Like

images

4 Likes

him and myers are the new poster childs for essington. hepp speeding up to join them.

whoever signed him til 2021 should be sacked immediately.
we won’t go anywhere while he is a big contributing part of our match day 22.

1 Like

I’d add cream puff Bellchambers to that mix. Big galoot.

Had 34 possessions. Plenty were rubbish, but barely saw him is a bit of stretch.

4 Likes

You make such bold outrageous statements and then don’t back them up with any substance. All the time. Once here or there would be fine but again, but you find a topic and a player and state a one line opinion that has nothing to do with the player. in this case two lines: “whoever signed him should be sacked” and “we won’t go anywhere with him in our 22”
Based on what? your idea of what the modern day footballer is? your opinion that we should draft AA’s every year? Every team have em, they just coach and work through them. Richmond have Houli, Townsend and Mcintosh or whatever that bald ■■■■ is, all average, good in a well coached team. ■■■■ off the player bashing!

3 Likes

If i could be ■■■■■■, and had the right software i would go through and edit a video footage for you of all the times zaka just ■■■■■ ups, doesn’t put in, or puts in half efforts, misses targets etc, but i really can’t be ■■■■■■.

the rest, i’ve said the same ■■■■ over and over about him, and others, it doesn’t change, cos they never ■■■■■■■ do.

I said it when watson and stanton where the pillars of our midfield, that we wouldn’t go anywhere with them.
we won’t with zaka and myers as the poster boys for “we are essendon”.

and my opinion is based on the fact we have done nothing with him at the club for 9 years and he is supposedly a leader of this club.
he is a poor soft one way running putrid excuse for a footballer. again he is the epitome of what Essington is.

1 Like

He used to be a pretty good kick. Not sure what the hell has happened. Needs to do a lot more for a senior player

1 Like

Trade him to Melbourne?

3 Likes

In a midfield full of kids and underdeveloped bodies, he should be standing up and leading by example.

Nope. He’s the same front running seagull that he has always been.

And the most frustrating thing is that we know he’s capable of better. There have been games, or even clusters of games, where he has run hard both ways and created the sort of pressure that’s essential for a modern day midfielder. But the majority of the time, he simply doesn’t do it.

Compare his pressure and two way running to someone like Smith. He’s probably shown more of that in 5 games for us than Zak has shown in his career.

4 Likes

Well - it’s not like you don’t have the time…

Yeah bit of a stretch. I definitely noticed his putrid performance.

1 Like