#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

How senior, experienced midfielders like Zaharakis escape criticism is beyond me. Once again, if the team ain’t performing then good luck getting anything useful out of this guy. Biggest downhill skier at the club and shows literally no leadership.

6 Likes

Have always been a huge critic of Zaharakis but he’s one of about three that has elevated their games this year.

Some of his contested marking today was the Zaha of old.

1 Like

Thought he was good today. Looked to be one of a few to give a fuuck about what was going on (Hooker, McKernan & Fantasia the others). Been critical of him in the past but has been pretty consistent the past couple years.

6 Likes

Yeah, Zaka is the least of our worries today

2 Likes

v good today, tried hard, lead cp’s for us

I thought he was our best.

Has certainly improved his contested strength to the point that he’s becoming the complete player that he probabky should have been 5 years ago.

1 Like

Trade to GWS for a third rounder

1 Like

At this stage would be second behind Smith for b&f?

2 Likes

And they’d still have lost to us.

Pls.

Any chance you want to revise this post after the last couple of weeks?

Back to being the inside outside Zaka of 2016.
And this is were he belongs now - he’s lost a yard playing as a pure wing, but much better in contested spots.
Note he’s also lowering the eyes after BJ’s “feedback”, to the benefit of the team.
So that team crisis / beat up might just have worked after all.

Heppell, Smith, Zaka for mine.

That’s the top three at this stage.

I feel Zaharakis is completely flying under the radar this season.

He is a complete midfielder now. Not the outside player from a couple of seasons back.

6 Likes

I think a lot of people would like revise a lot of posts about a lot of players.

I wouldn’t have batted an eye lid if we delisted Hooker, Hurley, Zaka, Myers mid season and took the captaincy off Hep. I literally would not care.

This last two weeks have just been insane in terms of the turn around. I would say it’s almost unbelievable but that would be a lie, it’s actually unbelievable.

1 Like

People want best and fairest winner David Zaharakis to continue to push for it after years of underwhelming. Shocking.

1 Like

It’s normally only ‘weeks’ of being underwhelming, but his bad form always gets extrapolated to ‘He kicked one goal on Anzac Day once, and done nothing since.’

4 Likes

If it’s several blocks of that a year over several years isn’t it then years?

Most players play well every week, every year.

Seriously, his bad form gets so blown out of proportion, he’s had like three particularly bad patches in a 10 year career.

3 Likes

My issue is he couldve been a grade elite. Instead he’s been more b grade with flashed.

First and foremost hes always trying to corral when he’s easily our best tackler technically.

1 Like

I guess that’s where we differ.

I don’t think he was ever gonna be A Grade elite. High B+ was always his ceiling imo. He was never gonna carry a midfield.

How did you see his game yesterday?
Thought he was ok without being great. May be just me but thought his disposal really let him down and he seemed to miss more targets than usual. Can’t question his endeavour or effort and has had a pretty decent season to date