#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

It gets a little awkward when you look at Stanton’s 2012, from a timing perspective anyway.

First half of the year was probably two levels above anything he did before or after.

and IIRC the second half he was playing with a broken collar bone, hence the massive dip in form. First half was otherworldly though.

The good stuff

Wasn’t the collarbone the year before, when the alleged Boos happened?

I assume second half of 2012 he had soft tissue injuries because… We’ll, who didn’t?

I could very well be mistaken

Think you are correct about the injuries, and I remember the boos.

We had a real nutcase sititng next to us at the Dome, who never let up on bagging Stanton. I wanted to hurt him badly, but fortunately, Mrs Fox did the job on him and he never returned.

And for the record, I think Zaha’s top end slightly eclipses Stanton’s, purley for the goal kicking aspect.

It’s splitting hairs, though.

Zaka > Stanton hands down.

Brent Zaharakis

Mmmm, I think Zaharakis’ best patches have been slightly more dangerous, but easy to forget how fkg consistent and quality Stants was between 2012-15

1 Like

Zaharakis’ main value is his hard running - He can run hard, fast and long which is a valuable ingredient in the team - Still think his kicking has declined from three or four years ago.

Was a kick rating article in one of the papers 2 weeks back - think it was the Hun(?). Said it was based on difficulty of kick and pressure on kicker - so not just raw stats on easy chips. For what it’s worth - which might be not much - Zaka was no 1 at Essendon.

I think people remember the standout misses too much. 2 -3 misses when going for the aggressive kick up the middle cloud over heaps of good ones. I am pretty sure the coaches prefer better kickers going for dangerous but high reward kicks when the field is right rather than always chipping easy. So you just have to accept the odd bad one.

3 Likes

It was like that with Stants. He’d do a lot of very good kicks but 2 would get smothered and he’d get smashed for it

Considering 27 of his 33 possession were kicks last week also going to expect to see a few of them miss.

Was rapt to see we were kicking ball so much as a team, hopefully the happy handballing days are done.

If Naitanui gets a week for his tackle surely these clowns get a week for both diving on him.

Massive loss!!

Both tonight and in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

Whats his injury? A break?

And his replacement will be Myers lol

fck this club.

Watch how much we will miss this bloke. Can’t believe the crap he cops on here.

11 Likes

Has been one of our best 3 players this year. Very hard to replace

3 Likes