#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

They won’t though, we already know that.

They said shoulder (not collarbone) post-game.

Apparently it wasn’t worthy of a free kick…

Back at it big time tonight. Handballs to players with backs turned & players seemingly even looking to receive hospital handpasses when they might have better served by blocking or sheparding.

Lets see if the selectors are bold when choosing Zaharakis’ replacement - Perfect chance to bring in Redman and run McKenna through the midfield.

3 Likes

Yep, we need to see what McKenna brings.

Time for this club to stop being so conservative and bring gamebreakers into the midfield where the game is won most weeks.

1 Like

Awakward.

1 Like

You’re talking about zaharakis, the guy who went off injured in the first without having a single handball, right?

3 Likes

Career best year coming up next year then!

Watch us bring in Myers for Zaka.

Looked nasty when he got dumped. Full credit to him for grabbing the ball and kicking it forward even though he was in all sorts of trouble with the injury

12 Likes

Like I’ve said before getting more and more like thugby. When did that sort of tackle become AFL?
The intent was to take him out and they did. We need half a team of players something like that.

1 Like

I didn’t see anything wrong with the tackle.

8 Likes

Not sure if serious

His injury is the turd cherry on a ■■■■ sundae of a night. Been great this year.

1 Like

Are you in the right thread?

Was a brutal tackle… the sort of tackle I wish we did.

That being said… the AFL created a rod for its own back with suspending Nicnat for a week when no damage was done and the arms weren’t pinned. Possible broken collarbone, arms pinned and a significant size differential. Let’s see how consistent they are.

3 Likes

if only our ruckman used his weight and strength to such advantageous outcomes for our team.

1 Like

Will be an interesting one.

The Nicnat one they said was a deliberate intent to hurt, and while the tackle on Zaka was OK, it was a deliberate attempt to hurt him and they did.

(call me cynical but I think I/we know nothing will come of it)

While it may not seem too obvious to some, his loss is gonna hurt. One of the best two way runners in the team. Get well Zaka.

5 Likes