#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

maybe they dont know yet?

Report out, min 6 weeks

Needs surgery

Minimum 6 weeks

Damn.

Is there any point in bringing him back in round 16. Probably not match fit, and either would need a couple in the vfl or could be expected to take a couple of afl before he would be back to his best.
In these circumstances, and given our lack of finals chances, why not just play the next best kid eg Clarke or Redman, of those not currently getting a game. I would not even be against giving Houlihan or Mynott a taste, just for a week or two, eventhough they aren’t anywhere near ready to contribute. We need to look to whatever is the best way to develop the young guys, and this is an opportunity.

3 Likes

Give him the rest of the season off. No point rushing him back this year

An Essendon 6 weeks is at least 10 in real time. I doubt we’ll see him back this year.

2 Likes

season over

is one of our most important mids

This is it people, 13th is ours to lose.

Nah, I’d bring him back to play the last few rounds, but certainly wouldn’t rush him. Make sure he gets back to playing in his mentally this year.

2 Likes

Only positive I see is the club has put him straight in for surgery rather than waiting a month to let it come good.

7 Likes

Dave - I know you’re fit, but sit out a few weeks and hopefully a younger kid will take your spot.

1 Like

Damn. He’s been really good for us. Darcy Parish would have been into that spot fo’ sure.

Time to see what Clarke/Redman have got

1 Like

P.s. I know that the thing you do as a job only has a real limited lifespan. Why don’t you sit out a few games anyway?

FIXED

Had a quick look and dep on the exact nature of injury and therefore the related surgery seems like 6 weeks in a sling is more likely than 6 weeks back to playing. See you in 2019, most likely.

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Look out Doc Larkins. Doc Dave is gunning for your job

At least this time we didn’t play him partly injured, then wait for him to be properly injured before putting him out to pasture.

1 Like

I hope this injury makes Zakka play angrier rather than more hesitant

1 Like

Accurate to +/- 200%!

1 Like