#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

@Crazy_Bomber remember asking more from zaka?

1 Like

Takes three months for a collarbone to properly knit after fracturing. He’s contributed well considering the pain he’d still be dealing with from that

Not his best game but out of 44 players was 1st I possessions, =3rd contested poss, 6th m gained, 77% DE, =8th tackles. But yeah hook in mate. HE was our problem, sure.

7 Likes

Certainly wasn’t our worst but it wasn’t how much he got the ball it is what he does without it that concerns me. He doesn’t work hard enough for long enough.

He is a good player and with a better midfield he would be cream on the top. You can’t rely on him to do the hard stuff required to make the midfield the strong one it needs to be imo. And that’s not being critical of him, it’s a reflection of the type fo player he is.

1 Like

40 players had fewer contested possessions.

Like I said. Gets the ball around the ground but doesn’t do much with it, and fluffs nearly all his crucial kicks/ physical contests. I don’t rate his high posession games.

5 Likes

Zaka, Langers and Colyer - even though he started well - not very influential tonight.

1 Like

Nah mate, look at da stats, he had 30 possessions. Job donnnnnnnneeeeee.

ZERO impact. Shame he panics and floats about, scuttling around getting a handball receive like a crab, rushing kicks, not influencing a game much. Richmond don’t care about him because they know he’s just a basic link up player and not much more. Does Richmond have one of those players that is in the team to get just get their 30 touch quota?

But whatever, we’ll keep playing him.

4 Likes

that’s how you get 77% DE and in the top handful of m gained, with high CP at the same time, but whatever. He fluffed a few kicks, he didn’t make every contest - as though everyone else was perfect? Parish was pretty good - then disappeared, Langford hardly had it, and looked really slow. Myers was quiet and kicked terribly at times, Guelfi, Colyer, tippa. All of them had reasonably poor games. Zaka could have been better, I’ll agree, but he was far from our problem.

2 Likes

I hold zaka to a higher standard because he’s a senior player. If parish/ Langford/ guelfi all end up with us at the age of 28/29 and only impact the contest as much as zaka does I’ll be asking the same questions and making the same comments.

1 Like

Soft

5 Likes

the funniest moment of the night (being morbid) was when he got the ball on 50 in the last quarter and did the biggest dump in his pants you’ve ever seen and kicked the ball about 20m, over the boundary. As I was going ballistic, Belcho grabs it from the throw in and kicks a goal. Wife roasts me and awards Zaha the assist.

1 Like

Had a decent year but is and will always be a squib

1 Like

I thought Hirdy calling him soft at his last presser as EFC coach might have burned him a little more. Stats aside, it’s those half a dozen shirked contests we see week after week that make him the softest player in the ‘best 22’ by some margin.

3 Likes

Most caca 30 possesion game i have ever seen.

Hes a decent player that should be traded. Might still have a litte currency.

1 Like

I think we need to move past him in the middle if we’re to go anywhere. He’s a senior player who most are happy just to rack up stats, he rarely, rarely changes a course of a game. We stick him on the fringes, he links up nicely, rushes a kick or two, does OK for the most part. I want to impose himself and he rarely does, not good enough for a senior player. In the big games you need someone like him to bulldoze in and he just waits for his mates to do the tough work.

I don’t think there’s a rule where you have to play borderline soft linkup players on the wing is there? Who’s Richmonds equivalent? I’m happy to try him at half-back or something, doing similar to what Montagna did in his final few years and link up deep down back but I don’t rate him enough as a player in the midfield if we’re to be a top 4 side.

1 Like

this guys won a bnf and hes regressed.

You guys are just lost…
Stringer was weak in a marking contest, Saad shirked his shepherding/support responsibilities, Heppell was dolling out lollipops, Goddard was Goddarding (and not pointing anywhere else), Myers was just generally being ■■■■, tackles weren’t being stuck, and kicks across the board were being rushed (etc.)… but hey! It was the guy getting to more contests than anyone else just being soft…
You act like everyone should be top 5 list quality, and that anyone below that should be gone after a few years.
We improve more from our bottom 11 getting better, than we do from our top 11 doing more. Particularly when the “doing more” is just to appease haters sporting a, more often than not, unjustified hate boner…

3 Likes

He was poor tonight. Had a good season up until he hurt his shoulder, came back ok but tonight was poor.

I’m genuinely confused by the hate for Zaka this week. Not his best game, and hardly his worst

I suppose we lost though so the muppets need someone to froth about

2 Likes